At Sources, we believe that the workforce is a vital resource that contributes to social wellness for our community. We also know that the skill of our workforce is the foundation of a healthy and vibrant economy in our community and beyond.
MARCH 27, 2015 | INTERNAL/EXTERNAL
POSITION: Residential Care Worker – Permanent Full-Time
position requires CUPE Union membership and is open to male and female
LOCATION: Primrose Centre – Delta (Ladner)
HOURS: 40 hours per week (Sun-Thurs 3-11)
This position provides care and advocacy for five adults with
developmental disabilities in a day program and residential setting. Those duties include assisting with personal
care and hygiene, meal preparation, housekeeping, laundry, transportation,
medical appointments, as well as behavioural and emotional support.
3 months experience working with people with developmental disabilities
12 diploma and 2 years post-secondary education, preferably in behavior
sciences, social work, or community social service or equivalent
employment requirements (which include CPR, NCI Training, medical clearance, TB
test, Sources training course, criminal record check, proof of SIN card,
immunization form) must be valid and current or your application will not be
to work independently and demonstrate initiative
to use a word processor (Word for Windows) to produce objective written data
to follow a petty cash system and report expenses
fully in swimming, skating, and a wide variety of recreation and leisure
working with adults with Autism/PDD
with adult rights and responsibilities
DATE: As soon as possible
SALARY: $17.50 per hour
As per Collective Agreement
DATE: April 3, 2015
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR
APPLICATION AND RESUME TO:
APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED BY APRIL 4, 2015
March 24, 2015 | INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 15-24
POSITION: Case Manager – Permanent Full-Time
CURRENT LOCATION: WorkBC Employment Services Centre – Cloverdale
CURRENT HOURS: 35 hours per week
Sources is seeking a Case Manager for our Cloverdale Employment Services Centre. Under the Employment Program of British Columbia (EPBC), the Case Manager assists unemployed individuals to obtain labour market or community attachment through case management services; formal needs assessment , employment counselling, return to work action plan development, administration of financial supports, referral to community resources, monitoring client progress and facilitating one to one or group based job search and life skills topics. The Case Manager utilizes an electronic integrated case management system to maintain case file and data management.
• Post-secondary education or combination of equivalent education and experience related to Employment Counselling / Career Development. CCDP designation preferred.
• Minimum 2 years direct experience in employment services/career development, preferably in a case management capacity.
• Knowledge of the labour market and strong understanding of current job search techniques and career development.
• Familiarity of the Employment Program of BC (EPBC) service delivery model. Recent experience in EPBC / Employment Services Centre, preferred.
• Experience working with diverse client populations including individuals with multiple barriers and persons with disabilities; ability to serve clients across all socio-economic and cultural groups, and be proactive by engaging and motivating clients in job search.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills combined with a professional demeanor and ability to build rapport with a variety of individuals and diffuse and appropriately resolve difficult situations.
• Demonstrated experience in employment assessment and related interventions including skills development, self-employment, and wage subsidy services.
• Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
• Exceptional organizational skills with an attention to detail.
• Advanced computer /technical skills including MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet and Social Media. Experience with electronic data management systems, and/or direct experience utilizing ICM (Integrated Case Management System, is preferred.
• Self -motivated with the ability to multitask, take initiative, work independently under pressure, and work effectively in a team environment, demonstrating flexibility and exercising good judgment in a continually changing performance based environment.
• Proven ability to understand, establish and meet performance targets.
• Criminal Record Check
• Current First Aid training equivalent to WCB requirements.
START DATE: ASAP
SALARY: $25.55 per hour
BENEFITS: As per benefits package
CLOSING DATE: April 1, 2015
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION AND RESUME TO:
Please indicate the competition number in the subject line.
INTERNAL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED BY APRIL 3, 2015
March 23, 2015 | INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 15-23
POSITION: Residential Care Worker – Permanent Part-Time
This position requires CUPE Union membership and is open to male and female applicants.
CURRENT LOCATION: Chestnut House – Delta (Ladner)
CURRENT HOURS: 32 hours per week (Friday-Saturday 4pm-12am, Sunday 4pm-10pm, Monday-Tuesday 5-10pm)
Sources governs a wide range of programs in the Lower Mainland with the common aim to enhance social wellness for our community. The Chestnut House program is located in Ladner. The RCW contributes to a highly organized, team oriented and dynamic work environment and supports clients with Autism Spectrum Disorder and other developmental disabilities in residential and community settings. Support is provided in daily recreation/vocation settings in the community. Clients may need support with behaviour management. Clients are active, vocal, and usually highly involved in the community. Positive support and engagement through conversation, games, and out-trips, special events, sports, to name a few, are routine.
• Minimum 3 months experience working with people with developmental disabilities and/or behavioural challenges
• 2 years post-secondary education, preferably in behavior sciences, social work, or community social service or equivalent
• All employment requirements (which include First Aid, NCI Training, medical clearance, TB test, Sources training course, criminal record check, proof of SIN, immunization form, Class 5 Driver’s License) must be valid and current by agency-set deadlines or your application will not be considered
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, take initiative and actively use critical thinking skills
• Ability to use a word processor (Word for Windows) to produce concise, clear, professional written data and reports and use email, including Outlook, for regular communication
• Ability to follow a petty cash system and report expenses
• Participate fully in swimming, skating, biking, sports, and a wide variety of recreation and leisure activities
• Experience working with adults with Autism/PDD and/or clients with possible physical aggression, including effective responses to such behaviour i.e. NVPCI etc.
• Able to actively contribute to and follow safety, behaviour management, support plans, and instill consistency and stability in a home environment
• Demonstrated cooperation and communication skills as part of a team with co-workers and management
• Ability to transport (using program vehicles) and support clients in the community at their sites of employment, recreation, or other sites and required. Current class 5 driver’s license is required
• Ability to participate in tasks, including routine maintenance, related to running a residential facility
START DATE: May 1, 2015 or asap
SALARY: 17.50 per hour
BENEFITS: As per collective agreement
CLOSING DATE: April 1, 2015
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO:
WILLIAM BRUNKE, MANAGER firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 604-946-8110