Sources respects and upholds an individual’s right to privacy and protects personal information. We are committed to ensuring compliance with applicable privacy legislation.
Where, in the opinion of the individual, arbitrary treatment has been rendered under Sources policies or the client believes the policies have been breached, the client has the right to file a complaint without interference or retaliation.
- The client shall discuss the matter with the individual (employee, volunteer, contract worker) involved.
- If the matter remains unresolved fourteen calendar days after discussion with the individual, the client must present his/her complaint in writing to the program manager or the individual’s direct supervisor. The program manager or the supervisor then conducts a personal interview involving the client, employee/volunteer/contract worker and any other involved person or persons and attempts to resolve the complaint.
- If the matter is unresolved fourteen days after the above actions are taken, the program manager or direct supervisor must bring the complaint to the CEO. The CEO then follows the same procedure as above and attempts to resolve the complaint.
- If there is no resolution to the complaint twenty-one calendar days after the above actions are taken, the CEO must bring the complaint to the attention of the Board for discussion and resolution. The Board may discuss the complaint with any appropriate person they see fit.
- The Board of Directors is the final level within Sources at which the complaint may be heard and may accept or dismiss the complaint. Its decision is rendered within twenty-eight calendar days of having the complaint brought to the committee’s attention.
- Whenever in the process the complaint is resolved, the client is informed in writing of the resolution and an explanation of any further appeal, rights, or recourse. A copy is kept in the central office files. The client has the right to file a complaint with an appropriate provincial authority if he/she is not satisfied with the response.
A client/family has the right to provide additional information regarding the complaint at any step in the above process.
Sources welcomes comments and feedback on our services from the general public.
Comments, feedback or complaints about organization staff, clients or property should be directed to the specific program manager, director or the chief operating officer. Complaints from the general public about Sources will be handled confidentially and promptly.