|Driver – Permanent Part-Time||August 30, 2021||October 27, 2021||Expand More Info|
October 6, 2021| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 21-082
Position: Sources Regional Food Hub- CASUAL
Location: Langley/Surrey/White Rock
Hours: 8-20 hours per week
We are looking for a cASUAL Food Hub Driver to join our Sources Food Hub team! This individual must have a clean driver’s abstract, excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
|Intake Worker||October 22, 2021||October 28, 2021||Expand More Info|
COMPETITION NO. 21-100
Position: Intake Worker – Temporary Full Time
Location: Newton Resource Center
Hours: 35 hrs/week
We are looking for an Intake Worker to join our Sources Housing Programs teams! This individual must be eager, motivated, and organized!
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
About Newton Resource Center
Housing program: Assisting homeless individuals to find safe and affordable housing and offering ongoing support (re. income supports, benefits, tenancy, other supports) to assist them to remain housed. Services include Housing First for chronically and episodically homeless individuals.
Homelessness Prevention program: Supporting individuals to maintain housing through advocacy and facilitated access to resources. Sources Rent Bank also offers micro-loans for rental and utility arrears, damage deposits, and first-month’s rent.
Ask an Advocate program: Offers on-line resources pertaining to income assistance, residential tenancy, and other income supports. Visitors to the askanadvocate.ca website can also ask questions and access training on these topics.
Advocacy: Support for matters relating to income assistance, provincial and federal disability benefits, other federal income support programs, tenancy, and debt.
- Handle incoming calls and requests for service to the program. Initiate intake process by completing required forms and determine level of urgency.
- Provide appropriate information, support and external or internal referral. Maintain client resources, client database and agency communications.
- Manages all front-end services including opening and closing; incoming, pick up and outgoing mail; security related issues, scheduling front desk coverage, training of students and volunteers on front desk services and other related duties.
- Provide client support on services for housing and accessing income support services.
- Providing general clerical support – Data entry and maintenance of evaluation, statistical and databases. Produce statistical reports.
- General verbal and written communication.
- Other related duties as required.
- Minimum 2 years post-secondary education, and/or 2 years of experience in a related field or combination of education and experience,
- An awareness and understanding of poverty and homelessness related issues,
- Understanding of advocacy, Provincial and Federal income supports programs and tenancy an asset,
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills including public relations, oral and written skills,
- Exercise good judgment, sensitive to a diverse client base and ability to deal tactfully with sensitive client issues; strong sense of social justice and strong desire to assist and improve the lives of marginalized people,
- Self-motivated with well-developed planning, organizing, problem solving and decision making skills,
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team environment– includes contributing in a cooperative way to the teamwork environment and upholding the professional code of ethics,
- Excellent administrative skills including the operation of multi-line switchboard, computer, office equipment. Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects,
- Exceptional knowledge of community resources and internet and research skills to research services for referral,
- The ability to function in independently and under pressure and effectively manage crisis, emergency situations and challenging clients,
- Participation in meetings, case conferences and other events, which may involve long work days and evening or weekend work,
- Must have valid BC Driver’s license and own vehicle to use for work,
- May be required to work the occasional weekend or evening,
- Fluency in a second language an asset,
- Criminal Record check required.
START DATE: ASAP
END DATE: Mar 31,2022
Closing Date: Oct. 28, 2021
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Jason Blaschuk at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
|Program Coordinator – Permanent, Full Time||October 19, 2021||November 1, 2021||Expand More Info|
October 19, 2021| INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 20-099
Position: Program Coordinator – Full-Time 40hrs (Wednesday – Sunday 3pm-11pm)
Location: Sources Chestnut House – Delta
THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS AND REQUIRES UNION MEMBERSHIP.
Located in Ladner, the Program Coordinator at Chestnut House contributes to a highly organized, team oriented, and dynamic work environment that supports clients who have Autism Spectrum Disorder in residential and community settings. Staff engages in daily recreation and vocation in the community with residents. Residents are active, verbal, mobile, and highly involved in the community. Positive support and engagement through conversation, games, and out-trips, special events, sports, to name a few, are routine. The Program Coordinator has a leadership role in the ongoing planning, evaluation, and implementation of program and client goals.
|Supported Child Development Assistant – Temporary||October 19, 2021||November 19, 2021||Expand More Info|
October 19, 2021| INTERNAL / EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 21-094
Position: Supported Child Development Assistant
Location: Parksville, Vancouver Island, B.C.
Hours: Multiple Temporary Part-Time and Temporary Full-Time positions available
(Temporary to 31 March, 2022)
Salary: Grid 13 $25.82 – $30.07
We are looking for an SCD Assistant to join our Sources Oceanside team! This position provides support and direct care to children, encouraging their intellectual, physical, and emotional growth. The direct work with the children will occur in daycare / preschool settings.
|Youth Mental Health Outreach Worker – Permanent, Full Time||October 19, 2021||November 19, 2021||Expand More Info|
OCTOBER 19, 2021| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 21-098
Position: Youth Mental Health Outreach Worker – Mental Health Child and Youth Program
Location: Mental Health Child and Youth – Youth Services Program – White Rock, BC
Hours: 35 hours/week; permanent full-time
We are looking for a Youth Mental Health Worker to join our Sources Mental Health Child and Youth outreach team! This individual must be able to work well independently, be a great team player, have a passion for working with youth, and have a good understanding of trauma and strength-based approaches.
|Home Share Provider||August 2, 2019||August 2, 2022||Expand More Info|
AUGUST 2, 2019| EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 19-098
Position: Home Share Provider (contracted position)
Location: Your home
We are looking for qualified caregivers to join our Home Share Program team! This individual should be a strong positive model by being energetic, creative, and resourceful while also possessing strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
|Residential Care Worker – All Positions||April 7, 2021||April 7, 2025||Expand More Info|
APRIL 7, 2021| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 21-040
Position: Residential Care Worker, Variety of Positions Available: Full-time, Part-time and Casual
Location: Surrey and Delta locations
Hours: Days, Evenings, Weekends and Overnights
We are looking for a Residential Care Workers to join our Sources Community Living Residential team! This individual must be reliable, flexible and possess a strong interpersonal skill.