Sources Shop by Phone Program
Sources Shop by Phone Program is a grocery service that Sources has been operating for over 25 years in the communities of White Rock and South Surrey. The Shop by Phone program assists isolated residents in the community access nutritious foods that they may otherwise be unable to access. Once every week, volunteers phone our clients and take their grocery orders. The following morning, volunteers shop for those orders at the supporting grocery store.
To be successful in this position:
- The ability to clearly and effectively communicate over the telephone with clients and take detailed orders from them for shopping the following day.
- Arrange for grocery order sheets to be at the store for the shopping morning (drop off or email to contact person).
- The ability to fulfill grocery orders early the following morning at the participating grocery store and prepare orders for delivery.
- Contact client if items are not available to see if a substitution is possible.
- May assist with contacting client when order is complete to give price including delivery charges.
- May assist with record keeping of orders and amounts.
- Access to internet and email an asset.
- Knowledge of the layout of Save on Foods South Point location an asset.
This program requires a minimum 3 month commitment of its volunteers and operates every Monday and Tuesday for 2-3 hours in the mornings. The starting time on Tuesdays is 7:00 am.
Benefits to this position:
Volunteers of the Sources Shop by Phone Program have the opportunity to make a positive difference in the daily lives of isolated individuals in the community, by helping to provide access to healthy foods. This is a very positive and supportive team to work with. You will gain fulfillment through clients kindness and gratitude, as this small program provides very big impacts.
Want to apply?
To apply, please click on the link below.
If you are interested in more information about this opportunity or other volunteer positions with Sources, please contact Volunteer Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-542-4357.