Community Support Worker
COMPETITION NO. 17-E24
POSITION: Community Support Worker – Casual Status
(this position requires CUPE Union membership and is open to applicants of all genders)
CURRENT LOCATION: Crossroads/Ventures Programs – Delta (Ladner)
CURRENT HOURS: Casual On-Call
POSITION SUMMARY: The Community Support Worker supports individuals with autism and other pervasive developmental disorders, in the program site, workplace, community, and other designated settings. A desire and interest to bridge the gap between developmentally challenged individuals and successful community inclusion is a key component to this position. A calm positive demeanour, ingenuity, and open mindedness are integral traits for those potential applicants. Programs operate Monday to Friday and are closed on statutory holidays.
- Minimum of 3 months experience working with people with developmental disabilities.
- Grade 12 diploma and 2 years post-secondary education, preferably in behavior sciences, social work, child and youth care or community social service or equivalent.
- All employment requirements (which includes Sources training course, criminal record check/CPR, NCI training, class 4 unrestricted driver’s license, medical clearance, TB screening, Code of Ethics, proof of SIN card, Immunization form) must be valid and current or your application will not be considered.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative.
- Ability to use a word processor (Word for Windows) to produce objective written data and reports.
- Ability to follow a petty cash system and report expenses.
- Participate fully in swimming, skating and a wide variety of recreation and leisure activities.
- Experience working with adults with autism/PDD.
- Familiar with adult rights and responsibilities.
- Able to actively seek out new community/recreation/vocational/employment opportunities and experiences.
- To transport clients in the community to their sites of employment or other sites as required.
START DATE: As soon as possible
SALARY: $17.47 per hour
CLOSING DATE: September 21, 2017
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO:
JASON CUSATOR, MANAGER OF COMMUNITY INCLUSION SERVICES