South Delta and Surrey Social Assistant Volunteer
The Sources Home Share Program provides a residential option to adults with developmental disabilities who are looking for a more natural care environment within the community. As part of the programs we offer through Home Share, Sources is bringing a group of people together every week for a social time enjoying a variety of activities in the community.
The South Delta & Surrey Social Group Assistant Volunteer assists program staff to organize and deliver activities at the Social Group which operates from September to June of each year on various evenings and weekends.
To be successful in this position, volunteers will:
- Be observant to the needs of the program participants who are adults with intellectual and/or physical challenges.
- Possess good written and verbal skills.
- Have a current First Aid/CPR Certificate.
- Have flexibility as group activities vary. Days and times are based on the activities scheduled. Activities primarily take place in the community.
- Experience working with adults with behavioral challenges would be an asset.
This position will operate on a schedule as specified by the Group Coordinator. The schedule is not a set day and time each week. Outings will vary from 4 to 6 hours, on different days of the week; dependant on the activities collectively chosen by the Group participants.
Benefits to this position:
This positon comes with the opportunity to work directly with adults in the Social Group Program, assisting to deliver activities and provide positive support. It is a valued role in which volunteers can engage in meaningful interactions with individuals of the program.
Want to apply?
Please download and complete the below Forms and return In Person to Sources Volunteer Services office at 882 Maple St., White Rock, OR Email to firstname.lastname@example.org, citing the Volunteer Position.
If you are interested in more information about this opportunity or other volunteer positions with Sources, please contact Volunteer Services at email@example.com or 604-542-4357.