Behaviour Consultant Full-Time Permanent
COMPETITION NO. 17-112
POSITION: Behaviour Consultant – Full Time Permanent
CURRENT LOCATION: Positive Behaviour Support Services – Lower Mainland
CURRENT HOURS: 35 hours per week (Monday to Friday) with some late afternoon flexibility Scheduling in coordination with family availability.
POSITION SUMMARY: We contract directly with MCFD and provide in-home behaviour consultation service to families that have children with developmental disabilities. Responsibilities include: assessment and analysis of behaviour, design and implementation of programs specific to the needs of the family, hands on training for parents and support staff, and evaluating the success of implemented programs.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in a related area (BCaBA or Psychology)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with families
- Minimum 1 year experience providing consultation, training and programming for persons with developmental disabilities
- Experience and knowledge of behaviour analysis, and Functional behaviour assessment, analysis, design, planning and implementation
- Knowledge of Family Centered Positive Behaviour Support an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; speaking a second language an asset
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively as part of a team and demonstrate initiative
- Experience working with other social service professionals (Social Workers, Teachers, Physicians)
- Experience in research, report writing, and development of individual program plans
- Valid BC driver’s license, and own vehicle
- Be willing to travel frequently to family homes throughout the Lower Mainland
- Criminal record check required
START DATE: October 16, 2017
SALARY: $22 – $26/hour – dependent on qualifications and experience
BENEFITS: as per benefits package.
CLOSING DATE: October 6, 2017
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO:
HEATHER SINCLAIR, ACTING PROGRAM MANAGER at firstname.lastname@example.org