Newton Resource Centre Intake Volunteer
Newton Resource Centre Intake Volunteers provides support to the Advocacy Department with client support, information and referral, and administration. Intake volunteers play an essential role within the Advocacy Centre assisting clients in accessing the supports and resources needed to meet their needs.
To be successful in this position, volunteers will have:
- The ability to work independently as well as be a team player.
- Experience working with computers.
- Ability to take direction well.
- Sensitivity to client needs.
- Ability to multi-task.
- A knowledge of Sources Newton Resource Centre Programs is an asset
- An awareness and understanding of poverty and homelessness related issues.
- Knowledge of community resources/support services
Volunteer Intake Workers will:
- Provide support, information and referral on community resources.
- Provide support to the advocates and general administrative duties.
- Provide support to Intake; including initial client contact, recording intakes by phone or in person and including managing a multi-lined switchboard.
- General office duties including photocopying, filing and archiving.
- Assist with creating new files for advocates.
- Data Entry for all advocacy programs when needed.
- Assist with special events as needed.
- Keep brochure rack and waiting room area tidy and stocked.
Positions at the Volunteer Services office require a minimum 6 month commitment, with one shift per week, for 4 hours. The Advocacy Department is open Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 4:30 pm.
Benefits to this position:
This position comes with the opportunity to be a direct point of support and assistance to those individuals in the community who need it most. The demographic of clients being served often includes vulnerable and unsupported individuals in critical need of advocacy support. This position is a very real opportunity to get involved and be that point of contact for individuals needing advocacy and support as they move towards increasing or improving their current circumstances. This volunteer position also offers an opportunity to grow and learn valuable skills to more fully assist marginalized members of our community; this could include involvement in our Rent Bank, form completion, Ask an Advocate website, or others.
Want to apply?
Please click on the link below.
If you are interested in more information about this opportunity or other volunteer positions with Sources, please contact Volunteer Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-542-4357.