Newton Resource Centre Intake Volunteer
Newton Resource Centre Intake Volunteers provide information, resources and referrals, along with direct one to-one help with income assistance, disability benefits, residential tenancy matters and Canada Pension Plan benefits for individuals with low or no income. Volunteers in this position may also provide assistance to residents in the community on matters of Housing and Tenancy, Poverty Law, Disability Support Advocacy and Mental Health Consumer Advocacy. The Volunteer Intake Worker is also responsible for the day-to-day reception duties at Newton Resource Centre and assists with administrative duties, acts as the initial contact for clients, completes intakes, and provides information and referrals.
To be successful in this position, volunteers will have:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with good time management.
- Knowledge of local community resources and support services.
- Passionate and dedicated to serving the needs of others
- An awareness and understanding of poverty and homelessness related issues.
- Handle telephone inquiries and determine the nature of the inquiry; redirect calls or provide information about Newton Resource Centre and its programs.
- Complete intake with clients on the phone or in-person.
- Welcome clients for appointments, workshops or using resources in the centre.
- Organize and sort donations.
Positions at the Volunteer Services office require a minimum 6 month commitment, with one shift per week.
Benefits to this position:
This position comes with the opportunity to be a direct point of support and assistance to those individuals in the community who need it most. The demographic of clients being served often includes vulnerable and unsupported individuals in critical need of advocacy support. This position is a very real opportunity to get involved and be that point of contact for individuals needing advocacy and support as they move towards increasing or improving their current circumstances
Want to apply?
Please download and complete the below Forms and return In Person to Sources Volunteer Services office at 882 Maple St., White Rock, OR Email to firstname.lastname@example.org, citing the Volunteer Position.
If you are interested in more information about this opportunity or other volunteer positions with Sources, please contact Volunteer Services at email@example.com or 604-542-4357.