Women’s Place – General Volunteer
At Sources Women’s Place we are committed to providing a safe, inclusive space for women and their children. A space where our clients are free to access the help and resources that are available. Women’s Place provides a hot lunch program, a free clothing/laundry/shower program, as well as group and individual counselling. The Centre also assists clients needing access to legal aid, the food bank, medical care, emergency aid kits, as well as multiple other resources that are available within the community.
As a General Volunteer at the Women’s Place, you will assist in the three main service areas of the centre to ensure smooth operations: Reception, Hot lunch, and Clothing Exchange:
- Volunteer Receptionist: you will be the first contact for clients coming into the center. You will be answering telephones, signing clients in and out of the centre, and providing resources and referral information.
- Hot lunch volunteer: you will be working as part of a team to prepare hot lunch for approximately 50-60 clients.
- Clothing Exchange Volunteer: you will be working in our clothing exchange, sorting donations, organizing and hanging clothing, and assisting clients.
You must be aged 18 or older. This position is available to female candidates only.
To be successful in this position, we ask that you have:
- Willingness to work in all three service areas of the Centre as needed.
- The ability to multitask, through answering telephones, greeting clients in person, signing clients in and out, and tracking services being utilized.
- The ability to provide both Centre, and outside resource, information and referrals to clients.
- The ability to lift a minimum of 20 lbs and perform other physically demanding tasks.
Volunteers are required to have the ability to set boundaries and to maintain confidentiality. Interested applicants should possess a genuine interest in positive interaction with clients and be able to provide positive non-judgmental support.
Positions at Women’s Place require a minimum 6 months commitment, with one shift per week.
The current shifts available are Tuesdays or Fridays from approximately 10:15 am – 2:45 pm.
Benefits of this position:
This position offers the opportunity to positively affect the lives of Women in the community by assisting with program delivery, and providing support. This can be a very rewarding position where genuine support can be given and positive interactions can have big impacts.
Want to apply?
Please click on the link below.
If you are interested in more information about this opportunity or other volunteer positions with Sources, please contact Volunteer Services at email@example.com or 604-542-4357.