Life Skills Instructor – Casual
COMPETITION NO. 17- E31
POSITION: Life Skills Instructor – casual
CURRENT LOCATION: Life Skills Resource Centre – Surrey (Newton)
CURRENT HOURS: on-call
POSITION SUMMARY: As a casual Life Skills Instructor, the main responsibility is supporting clients with various developmental barriers to enhance their quality of life through various vocational and recreational experiences. The candidate must be able to work individually and as part of a team, while possessing confidence in supporting clients who may be experiencing anxiety and possibly exhibiting challenging or risk behaviours. The position enables staff to have a direct and positive impact on clients lives through meaningful support in a a variety of initiatives such as employment, social connections, health and fitness, nutrition and cooking, art and performance, and much more. Flexible, creative, and open-minded candidates will thrive in this dynamic and exciting social development program.
• Minimum 2 years post-secondary education, preferably in behavior sciences, social
work, community social services or the equivalent
• Minimum 3 months experience working with people with developmental/physical challenges.
• Must have training and experience working with clients with behavioural challenges, issues related to mental health or dual diagnosis.
• Other employment requirements include First Aid, NCI training, criminal record check, proof of SIN, and class 4 driver’s license. All certificates must be valid and current by agency-set deadlines or your application will not be considered.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, take initiative and actively use critical thinking skills.
• Ability to use a word processor (Word for Windows) to produce concise clear, professional written data and reports and use email, including Excel and Outlook for regular communication.
• Ability to follow a petty cash system and report expenses.
START DATE: As soon as possible
SALARY: $17.50 per hour
CLOSING DATE: November 15, 2017
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO:
Jason Cusator, MANAGER OF SOURCES LIFE SKILLS CENTRE
email@example.com Fax: 604-592-5595