Sources Langley Food Bank Volunteer
Sources Langley Food Bank serves approximately 600 individuals a week by providing nutritious food and support to community members in need. The Sources Food Banks strive to raise awareness about poverty and to involve the community in solutions. Our Food Banks are proud to offer a choice-based model for our clients—this contributes to the preservation of dignity and power of choice and lends to an overall more positive experience while accessing the Food Bank.
We are looking for volunteers to assist in accepting donations of food items as they arrive to our Food Bank, sorting and weighing donations in preparation for distribution, and working alongside users of the Food Bank in meeting their weekly food needs.
To be successful, volunteers must:
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Possess the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Show initiative and complete tasks at hand within the time guidelines set out.
- Possess the ability to take direction well and to multitask.
- Conduct oneself with sensitivity to client needs at all times.
- Possess an awareness and understanding of poverty and homelessness related issues.
- Experience working with computers is an asset depending on position.
We currently have the following positions available:
- Wednesdays from 12:30 pm to 3:30
- Thursdays from 10:00 am to 2:30 pm
Benefits of this position:
Volunteers with the Food Bank have the rewarding opportunity of directly effecting individuals in need in the community by assisting in the receiving, and distributing of food and other necessary items. These positions come with the advantage of being able to work directly with clients and be a positive and supporting interaction in their day. We invite you to be part of a critical and essential service with far-reaching, significant impacts.
WANT TO APPLY?
If you are interested in more information about this opportunity or other volunteer positions with Sources, please contact Volunteer Services at email@example.com or 604-542-4357.