Sources Langley Food Bank Volunteer
Sources Langley Food Bank serves approximately 600 individuals a week by providing nutritious food and support to community members in need. The Sources Food Banks strive to raise awareness about poverty and to involve the community in solutions. Our Food Banks are proud to offer a choice-based model for our clients—this contributes to the preservation of dignity and power of choice and lends to an overall more positive experience while accessing the Food Bank.
We are looking for volunteers to assist in our sorting and distribution centre, as well as with our transportation of foods.
To be successful, volunteer must:
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Possess the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Have the initiative and complete tasks at hand within the time guidelines set out.
- Possess the ability to take direction well and to multitask.
- Conduct oneself with sensitivity to client needs at all times.
- Possess an awareness and understanding of poverty and homelessness related issues.
- Experience working with computers is an asset depending on position.
Food Truck Drivers:
- Knowledge of community and surrounding areas an asset.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs (not continuously).
- A class 5 Driver’s License and clean Driver’s Record.
Days and times are to be determined in consultation with the Operations Coordinator.
Benefits of this position:
Volunteers with the Food Bank have the rewarding opportunity of directly effecting individuals in need in the community by assisting in the receiving, and distributing of food and other necessary items. These positions come with the advantage of being able to work directly with clients and be a positive and supporting interaction in their day. Our volunteer drivers have the added reward of spreading awareness about the Food Bank and forming relationships within the community as an ambassador on behalf of our services. Volunteers gain satisfaction in being part of such a critical and essential service with far-reaching significant impacts.
WANT TO APPLY?
If you are interested in more information about this opportunity or other volunteer positions with Sources, please contact Volunteer Services at email@example.com or 604-542-4357.