Income Tax Intake Volunteer (Newton)
Income Tax Intake Volunteers greets clients attending their income tax appointments, ensures their paperwork is complete, and assists with the completion of their tax intake form before their taxes are completed by the volunteer preparer. The Intake Volunteer is essential in ensuring the smooth operation of the clinic and clients’ needs are looked after. The Intake Volunteer may also assist clients in calling the Canada Revenue Agency to gather information, answer questions about government benefits and/or other Sources programs.
To be successful in this position, volunteers will have:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with good time management.
- Sensitivity to client needs.
- Availability throughout the months of March, April and May.
- An ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
- An awareness and understanding of poverty and homelessness related issues.
- An introductory knowledge of tax completion is an asset.
We ask for a 1 day / week commitment for the months of March, April and May. The following shifts are currently available:
- Thursday 12:45 pm – 4:00 pm
- Fridays 12:45 pm – 4:00 pm
Benefits to this position:
This position comes with the opportunity to be a direct point of support and assistance to those individuals in the community who need it most. The demographic of clients being served often includes vulnerable and unsupported individuals in tax support. This position is a very real opportunity to get involved and be that point of contact for individuals needing tax support to ensure they continue to receive the benefits to which they are entitled.
Want to apply?
To apply, please click on the link below:
CLICK HERE TO VOLUNTEER VOLUNTEER
If you are interested in more information about this opportunity or other volunteer positions with Sources, please contact Volunteer Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-542-4357.