Income Tax Preparer (Newton)
Volunteer Income Tax Preparers assist clients with the completion of simple income tax returns, using the criteria and guidelines set by the Community Volunteer Income Tax Program operated by Canada Revenue Agency.
To be successful in this position, volunteers will have:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with good time management.
- Completed the training and registration process provided by the Canada Revenue Agency through the Community Volunteer Income Tax Program.
- Availability throughout the months of March, April and May.
- An ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
- A personal computer able to download the software available from CRA is an asset.
- An awareness and understanding of poverty and homelessness related issues.
We ask for a 1 day / week commitment for the months of March, April and May. The following shifts are available:
Tuesday 8:45 am – 12:15 pm
Thursday 1:15 pm – 4:45 pm
Friday 1:15 pm – 4:45 pm
Benefits to this position:
This position comes with the opportunity to be a direct point of support and assistance to those individuals in the community who need it most. The demographic of clients being served often includes vulnerable and unsupported individuals in tax support. This position is a very real opportunity to get involved and be that point of contact for individuals needing tax support to ensure they continue to receive the benefits to which they are entitled.
Want to apply?
Please follow the link below to apply:
If you are interested in more information about this opportunity or other volunteer positions with Sources, please contact Volunteer Services at email@example.com or 604-542-4357.