Job Developer/Coordinator – Permanent Full-Time
COMPETITION NO. 18-28
POSITION: Job Developer/Coordinator – Permanent Full-Time
CURRENT LOCATION: Empowered for Employment – Newton (Surrey)
CURRENT HOURS: 35 hours per week
Reporting to the Director, the Job Developer/Coordinator oversees the Empowered for Employment Program and assists Survivors of Violence and Multi-Barriered Women to obtain practicum and/or paid work in the specified industry. The Job Develop/Coordinator is responsible for day-to-day coordination, marketing and placement services of the program. The Job Develop/Coordinator is also responsible for developing relationships with the community service providers and employers for the purpose of increasing referrals to the program and securing sustainable employment for job seeking clients.
• An undergraduate degree or diploma or combination of relevant education, professional experience and industry training in career development, social work, or marketing/ public relations. RRP and/or CCDP designation preferred.
• Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in employment services field.
• Minimum two (2) years’ experience in project coordination and/or job placement /recruiting.
• Service oriented, culturally competent and adaptable to working in a variety of settings with a diverse employer and client base.
• Knowledge and experience working with individuals with barriers to employment and/or Survivors of Violence.
• Strong networking and negotiation skills with knowledge of marketing and promotional techniques, recruiting, human resources and labour standards.
• Solid understanding of current job search techniques/practices, employment barriers including employment maintenance issues, and assessing client needs and employer /labour market requirements.
• Demonstrated experience and success in job development and placement.
• Excellent organizational, and verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong administrative ability and computer proficiency with emphasis on MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Internet and data management systems.
• Criminal Record Check, Driver’s license and reliable transportation; travel is required.
START DATE: As soon as possible
SALARY: $26.00 per hour
CLOSING DATE: March 5, 2018
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION AND RESUME TO: