Registered Care Aide – Casual
FEBRUARY 14, 2018 | INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 18-21
Position: Registered Care Aide – Casual Status
Location: Cornerstone Care – Langley BC
Hours: 15-40 hours – depending on operational requirements and employee availability
We are looking for a Registered Care Aide to join our Sources Cornerstone Care team! This position provides home support services to clients in our community, serving Delta, Surrey, White Rock, Langley, Aldergrove and Abbotsford. Available shifts consist of days, evenings, and overnight shifts. This individual should be compassionate, patient, and have strong communication skills.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Cornerstone Care
Sources Cornerstone Care provides services that help promote independence and quality of life for any individual at an affordable price. We provide home support services such as overnight care, palliative care, meal planning and general house cleaning. The Sources Cornerstone Care team is a passionate group of individuals who work to improve the quality of life of those most vulnerable.
- · Assists with personal care, activities of daily living, providing companionship, medication assistance and housekeeping
- · Encourages optimal individual and family functioning to provide clients with a better quality of life
- · Performs duties in accordance with his/her manual
- · Care-aides are expected to drive, and will be paid mileage reimbursement
- Must be registered in “good standing” with BC Care Aide registry
- Must have proof of Care Aide certification
- Must have valid BC driver’s license and own vehicle
- Must have current driver’s abstract
- Criminal record check required
- Medication management/medication administration certificate is an asset- not requirement
Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary: $16.00 per hour
Closing Date: March 31, 2018
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Thilini Amaratunga, Program Assistant firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.