Specialized Facilitator – Permanent Full-Time
COMPETITION NO. 18-27
POSITION: Specialized Facilitator – Permanent Full-Time
CURRENT LOCATION: Empowered for Employment – Newton (Surrey)
CURRENT HOURS: 35 hours per week
Reporting to the Coordinator, Specialized Facilitator is responsible for intake, development and delivery of workshops on life skills and job search. The program is to assist Women Survivors of Violence or Multi-barriered women to gain skills and find employment in the specified industry. The Specialized Facilitator will work closely with all clients, ensure their eligibility and provide information about the program. As Intake, registering clients for the program, entering data into the databases, disbursing financial supports form part of your duties. As Facilitator, you are responsible for providing workshops on life skills, job search skills and computer use in a classroom/group setting.
1. An undergraduate degree in related field or considerable experience and training (Social Service Worker diploma, Career Development Practitioner certificate, Provincial Instructor’s Diploma, Job Club Leadership Certificate,Life Skills Certificate) in the employment/career development field. CCDP designation preferred.
2. Minimum 3 years facilitation/ teaching experience, preferably with women who have barriers to employment.
3. Curriculum development and workshop design and delivery pertaining to job search, life skills, and career planning.
4. Knowledge of group dynamics and ability to facilitate workshops with individuals of various backgrounds.
5. Thorough understanding of the dynamics of abuse and/or poverty.
6. Ability to maintain up-to-date knowledge and development of tools and resources, including on-line delivery formats, to meet needs of clients.
7. Solid understanding of women’s employment barriers, current labour market trends and employer needs. .
8. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
9. Advanced computer skills and emphasis on MS Office and Internet usage.
10. Criminal Record check, driver’s license and reliable transportation is required (travel is required)
START DATE: As soon as possible
SALARY: $25.00 per hour
BENEFITS: As per benefits package
CLOSING DATE: March 5, 2018
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION AND RESUME TO: