Child & Youth Care Overnight Worker – Permanent Full-Time
MARCH 23, 2018| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 18-37
Position: Child & Youth Care Overnight Worker
Location: Family Connections Centre, South Surrey
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday to Thursday, 10 PM – 8 AM
We are looking for a full time, permanent overnight away staff to join our Sources Family Connections Center. This individual must be able to work alone, be self-motivated, and be experienced working with at risk youth.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Position Summary & Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for supervising youth in a residential program on an overnight awake position from 10 pm until 8 am. Most duties required are regular bed checks on youth, maintaining safety of house, problem solving if a conflict arises, some cleaning and completing overnight logs and phone calls to outside programs.
- Ideally possess a diploma in Child & Youth care or related discipline
- Experience working with youth (12-16 years of age)
- Knowledge of residential programs
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbal and written
- Must possess the following: valid BC driver’s license, current first aid, Non-Violent Crisis Intervention certificate (training provided), Food Safe certificate
- Excellent references
- Criminal record check is required
Start Date: ASAP
· 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
· Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
· Employee & Family Assistance plan
· Pension plan
· Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: April 9th, 2018
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Matthew Vlasic, Acting Program Manager, at email@example.com or by calling 604 538 2074. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.