Intake & Assessment Specialist – Perm. Part-Time
MARCH 23, 2018| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 18-35
Position: Intake and Assessment Specialist – Permanent
Location: South Surrey WorkBC Centre
Hours: 28 per week
We are looking for an Intake and Assessment Specialist to join our Sources South Surrey/White Rock WorkBC team! As first significant contact, this individual must be able to build rapport, be resourceful to refer clients and have strong team work skills.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources South Surrey/White Rock WorkBC
South Surrey WorkBC Center provides Employment Services to individuals looking for work. Funded by the Ministry of Social Development and Poverty Reduction, the program assists unemployed or under-employed individuals obtain and maintain work and help them become self-sufficient. We achieve this by providing a variety of services such as job search workshops, training supports, empowerment workshops, wage subsidy etc.
- · Meet clients 1:1 and conduct a Preliminary/ Formal Needs Assessment
- · Determine service eligibility as per Ministry guidelines
- · Develop realistic action plans with clients
- · May administer and monitor financial supports for job search activities
- · Act as a back-up job search workshop facilitator
- · Administrative support when required
- A degree in social science or equivalent education and experience in community, education, social services, employment/career development – CCDP designation preferred
- Minimum 3 years direct experience in employment services including facilitation of workshops
- Experience with and ability to work with diverse client populations including individuals with multiple barriers and persons with disabilities; ability to relate to and serve clients across all socio-economic and cultural groups, and be proactive by engaging and motivating clients in moving towards goals
- Solid understanding of return to work process, needs determination, group facilitation, and knowledge of current labour market trends
- Excellent written, verbal, listening and interpersonal and communication skills
- Familiarity with current community based employment services and alternate community support resources
- Must possess advanced computer/technology skills and experience, including MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint, social media and internet navigation and research. First-hand knowledge or experience with ICM an asset.
- Criminal Record Check by local police or RCMP
Start Date: April 16, 2018
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- · Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Employee & Family Assistance plan
- · Pension plan
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: April 02, 2018, internal candidates will be contacted by April 05, 2018
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.