Life Skills Coordinator – Permanent Full-Time
MARCH 16, 2018 | INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 18-32
POSITION: Life Skills Program Coordinator – Permanent Full-Time
CURRENT LOCATION: Life Skills Resource Centre – Surrey (Newton)
CURRENT HOURS: 35 hrs/wk (approximate schedule Monday 10am-430pm, Tuesday 130-830pm, Wednesday 9am-430pm, Thursday 9am-430pm, Friday 10am-430pm- contingent on program needs)
This leadership position involves planning, implementing, and overseeing the day-to-day activities of the Skill Builder and Tuesday Night Social programs. The Life Skills Coordinator participates in program development, policies and procedure formulation, program evaluation and budget adherence. Other duties include assisting the Life Skill Management team in providing orientation, training, work direction and guidance to Life Skill Instructors. The Coordinator also ensures that clients’ physical, emotional, social, educational, medical needs are being met and directly assists clients to enhance quality of life and personal life goals while receiving services within the Life Skills Centre. Beyond the Skills Builders and Tuesday Night Social Group, the Life Skills Program Coordinator will still be required to work directly with clients in the Discovery and L-Nav programs when necessary to ensure program commitments are being met and delivered safely.
- · Minimum 2 years post-secondary education, preferably in behavior sciences, social work, community social services or the equivalent
- · Minimum 2 years experience working with people with developmental/physical challenges.
- · Must have training and experience working with clients with behavioural challenges, issues related to mental health or dual diagnosis.
- · Ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative
- · Ability to work as a cohesive member of a team environment
- · Ability to demonstrate confidence and competence in a leadership position
- · Ability to continue to fulfill assigned Life Skill Instructor job responsibilities in addition to program coordinator duties outlined in job description.
- · Must be comfortable in providing personal care supports such as lifting and transferring, feeding and toilet assistance for clients needing personal care assistance, if required. All employment requirements (which includes criminal record check, NCI Training, class IV unrestricted driver’s license, Code of Ethics, proof of SIN card, Immunization form) must be valid and current or your application will not be considered.
START DATE: As soon as possible
SALARY: $21.21 per hour
BENEFITS: As per benefits package
CLOSING DATE: Friday, March 23rd, 2018.
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION AND RESUME TO:
Jason Cusator, MANAGER OF SOURCES LIFE SKILLS CENTRE
firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 604-592-5595
INTERNAL CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED BY Monday March 26th, 2018