Youth Services Manager – Permanent Full-Time
MARCH 23, 2018| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 18-36
Position: Youth Services Manager – Full-time permanent
Hours: 35 hours per week
We are looking for a Youth Services Manager to join our Sources team! This individual must be a dynamic leader with strong interest in advocating for youth.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Youth Services
Position Summary & Responsibilities
The Youth Services Manager leads Sources’ youth related programs including Mental Health Child and Youth Services, Youth Justice, and the Family Connections Centre, a residential based youth and family program. The Youth Services Manager will develop and support staff and lead the teams to meet their clients’ objectives. The manager supports the staff to work with difficult to reach children and youth and their families. The Youth Services team strives to work from a trauma informed perspective. As a representative of Source, the manager will also attend various youth related committees, engage in collaborative community driven projects, and be a general advocate of youth needs in the community. The manager is also responsible for internal and external reporting such as annual reports, maintaining accreditation standards, and reporting to, and liaising with funders.
- · Post graduate (desirable) or Undergraduate degree in psychology, Child and Youth Care, or related
- · Five years or more experience working directly with youth
- · Two years leadership experience
- · Driver’s License and own vehicle, and acceptable driving record
- · Training or courses related to mental health, substance theory and intervention
- · Requires experience with, and understanding of, clients and families dealing with mental health issues.
- · Clear Criminal Record Check
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Developmental psychology
· Trauma Informed Practice
· Family systems theory
· MCFD and community resources for youth and families.
· Working knowledge of substance use issues,
· Excellent organizational and time management skills,
· Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills,
· Availability to support staff evenings and weekends if required,
· Cultural sensitivity,
· Act as a representative of Sources in the community.
· Competently liaise with funding contractors including MCFD staff.
Start Date: Immediate
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- · Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Employee & Family Assistance plan
- · Pension plan
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: April 13, 2018
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Howard Schein, Director of Child, Family, and Counselling Services at email@example.com. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.