Housing & Income Supports Worker – Part Time
APRIL 26, 2018| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 18-43
Position: Housing and Income Supports Worker – (Summer Student) P/T – 8 week contract
Location: Newton Resource Centre – Surrey
Hours: 30hrs/wk, 4 days per week – total of 8 weeks
We are looking for a Housing and Income Support Worker to join our Sources Housing Team. This individual must be compassionate, self-managed and flexible.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Housing Support Services Programs
Provides comprehensive housing loss prevention services to marginalized individuals and families at imminent risk of housing loss to maintain their tenancy, access income supports, benefits and/or obtain housing to support housing stability.
- · Provide support, information, referral, form completion of and applications, and written communications on behalf of clients,
- · negotiates with potential landlords and government agencies,
- provides assistance with housing search and accessing resources,
- Planning, organizing, time management, and problem solving, ·
- Facilitating small workshops
- ·Currently in a minimum two years post-secondary education program and meets the requirements of the Canada Summer Jobs Program (Between 15 and 30 years of age, have been registered as a full-time student in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year, be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, and be legally entitled to work in Canada.)
- Experience working with marginalized populations, an awareness and understanding of poverty and homelessness related issues and knowledge of local community resources.
- Clear criminal records check.
Start Date: June 15, 2018
Closing Date: May 15, 2018. Internal candidates will be contacted by May 18, 2018
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to S. VanBuskirk, email@example.com . Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.