Income Supports Facilitator – Temporary Part-time
APRIL 4, 2018| INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 18-37
Position: Income Supports Facilitator (Temporary until March 31.2019)
Location: Newton Resource Centre
Hours: 28 hrs / week
We are looking for an Income Supports Facilitator to join our Sources Housing Support Services team and run the Sources Rent Bank ! This individual must be compassionate in dealing with marginalized individuals, astute and possess excellent interpersonal skills.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Rent Bank Program at Newton Resource Centre
The Income Supports Facilitator is responsible for determining eligibility of services for the Source Rent Bank, a unique housing loss prevention program. Services including providing emergency loans for families and individuals to help prevent residential evictions and avoid termination of utilities. Also provides support to access income support programs including income assistance, disability and government income support programs.
- Assesses and plans course of action with clients,
- Facilitates accessing Rent Bank micro-loans by screening loan applicants, negotiating with landlords or other pertinent parties, processing of loan documents and determining eligibility for mirco-loans and providing information and referral for unqualified candidates, ensures all required documentation, due diligence and program requirements are met,
- Provides support, information, referral, completion of forms, written communications on behalf of the client, assistance with income assistance applications and accessing other government income support programs.
- Maintains and develops working relationships with government and other human serving organizations as well as maintains community relations and promotes the program as required.
- Maintains complete and accurate service files, documents, statistics and database records for all project activities and meets all reporting requirements
- Working co-cooperatively with team and project partners; demonstrate flexibility in organizing work; show a high degree of initiative, discernment and resourcefulness;
- Strong sense of social justice and strong desire to assist and improve the lives of marginalized people.
- Self-motivated with well-developed planning, organizing, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Minimum 2 years community services related education and experience in related field,
- Excellent knowledge of local community resources,
- An awareness and understanding of poverty and homelessness related issues.
- May be required to work the occasional weekend or evening
Start Date: May 15, 2018
Benefits (if applicable):
· Sources Benefit Package not applicable due to temporary nature of position
· Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: April 20, 2018. Internal candidates will be contacted by April 25, 2018
How to apply: Please email your application and resume to S. VanBuskirk, Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.