Summer Cafe Associate – Temporary Part Time
APRIL 26, 2018| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 18-45
Position: Summer Café Associate (Temporary, 8 weeks duration)
Location: Sources Connection Cafe (Front of South Surrey Rec Center)
Hours: 30 hrs/ week
We are looking for a Café Associate to join our Sources Connection Café team! This individual must be organized and creative.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Connection Cafe
Sources Concierge is a social enterprise located at the South Surrey Community Recreation Center 14601-20 Ave Surrey. Our objective is to bring seniors and youth together in a working environment, where work experience perspectives and opportunities can be shared and gained. All candidates must be willing to work and thrive in this environment.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
1. Provide friendly and efficient customer service
2. Prepare and serve a variety of beverages and café food
3. Operate cash register and POS
4. Maintain cleanliness of service area and kitchen
5. Perform opening and closing duties
6. Follow all Fraser Health Food Safe Guidelines
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
1. Independent and self-motivated
2. Able to work effectively and contribute within a team environment
3. Ability to give and receive positive and constructive feedback.
4. No previous food experience is required
5. Clear criminal record check
Must be a current full-time student, returning to school full time in September 2018 and between the ages of 15-30 years old.
Start Date: earliest start date June 18th, 2018 until latest end date of August 31st, 2018 (8 week maximum duration of position)
Benefits: 4% Vacation Pay
Closing Date: May 18th, 2018 , short listed candidates will be contacted by May 24th, 2018
How to apply: Please email your application and resume to, Tammie Schellekens Café Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.