Summer Jnr. Admin Assistant – Temporary Part Time
APRIL 26, 2018| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 18-44
Position: Summer Jnr. Administrative Assistant (Temporary, 8 weeks duration)
Location: Sources Concierge ( Women’s Place )
Hours: 30 hrs/ week (Monday-Friday)
We are looking for a Summer Jnr. Administrative Assistant to join our Sources Concierge team! This individual must be organized, creative, and have some knowledge of administrative duties.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Concierge is a social enterprise that provides a range of services to the community, particularly seniors. Services include cleaning, organizing, driving participants to appointments etc. We value diversity in our hiring practices and many of our staff are immigrants, some with minimal English skills as well as disadvantaged women who have experienced difficulty finding work.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
1. Extract information from excel spreadsheets and enter into customer management database
2. Assist with the scheduling of client appointments via the customer management database
3. Contact clients as needed to confirm or clarify contact details or to schedule / reschedule appointment times
4. Maintain statistical data and report requirements
5. Support Business Development Manager with other administrative duties as needed such as
file / record management
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
1. Solid administrative skills including filing, record management as well as accurate keyboarding and data entry skills
2. Strong aptitude to learn and use the functions of a customer management database
3. Comfortable communicating with clients over the phone
4. Independent and self-motivated, with well-developed organizing, time management and problem solving ability
5. Able to work effectively and contribute within a team environment
6. Ability to give and receive positive and constructive feedback.
7. Clear Criminal Records Check
Must be a current full-time student, returning to school full time in September 2018 and between the ages of 15-30 years old.
Start Date: earliest start date June 18th, 2018 until latest end date of August 31st, 2018 (8 week maximum duration of position)
Benefits : 4% Vacation Pay
Closing Date: May 18th, 2018 , short listed candidates will be contacted by May 24th, 2018
How to apply: Please email your application and resume to, Lynn Sanderson, Business Manager email@example.com. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.