Volunteer Trauma Worker
The Volunteer Trauma Worker at Sources’ Women’s Place will help women in immediate crisis manage their stress by providing emotional support and lifeskills training while they wait to see a Sources’ Trauma Worker. This position is not considered counselling, nor is it peer support.
To be successful in this position, volunteers should have:
- Excellent conflict resolution skills and the ability to deal effectively and non-judgmentally in difficult and emotional situations.
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- The ability to set appropriate boundaries and to maintain confidentiality.
- At a minimum, completion of an undergraduate degree in a field such as social work, psychology, social sciences, education, nursing and other health sciences.
- Past experience in a counselling role, preferably with women experiencing trauma.
- Experience in the social services sector would be an asset.
- This position is available to female applicants only.
This position requires a minimum of 1 year commitment, with one shift per week. Shifts are Tuesdays – Fridays from 10:30am – 2:30 pm.
Benefits to this position:
This position offers the opportunity to positively affect the lives of Women in the community by assisting with program delivery, and providing support. This can be a very rewarding position where genuine support can be given and positive interactions can have big impacts.
Want to apply?
Please download and complete the below Forms and return In Person to Sources Volunteer Services office at 882 Maple St., White Rock, OR Email to firstname.lastname@example.org, citing the Volunteer Position.
If you are interested in more information about this opportunity or other volunteer positions with Sources, please contact Volunteer Services at email@example.com or 604-542-4357.