Case Manager – Temporary Full Time
MAY 18, 2018| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 18-53
Position: Full Time Case Manager – Temporary (to March 2019)
Location: 208-1461 Johnston Road, White Rock
Hours: 35 Hours per week
We are looking for a Case Manager to join our Sources South Surrey/White Rock WorkBC team! This individual must be able to build rapport, be resourceful to refer clients and have strong team work skills.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources South Surrey/White Rock WorkBC Centre
South Surrey WorkBC Center provides Employment Services to individuals looking for work. Funded by the Ministry of Social Development and Poverty Reduction, the program assists unemployed or under-employed individuals obtain and maintain work and help them become self-sufficient. We achieve this by providing a variety of services such as job search workshops, training supports, empowerment workshops, wage subsidy etc.
- Conduct Formal Needs Assessment and provide on-going Case Management services. Maintain awareness of service(s) eligibility and adhere to Employment Program of BC (EPBC) policies and procedures.
- · Develop, revise and review realistic action plans with clients.
- · Provide guidance, support and referrals to other services to support clients to overcome their identified barriers.
- · Determine eligibility and administer financial supports.
- · Refer for specialized assessment (i.e. psycho vocational, educational, credential evaluation, language etc.) and /or services as required (immigrant, disability, youth and women at risk, at risk, substance abuse etc.)
- · Maintain up to date and accurate documentation of all client communications and documents.
- · Monitor client progress of client and provide regular follow up and support to clients.
- · Support clients in the development of job search strategies and development of resume etc.
- · Maintain client, service and statistical data related to the case management process.
- An undergraduate degree or diploma or combination of equivalent education and experience in Employment Counselling or Career Development. CCDP designation preferred.
- Minimum 2 years direct experience in employment services/career development. Preferably in a case management capacity.
- Familiarity with the Employment Program of British Columbia (EPBC). Experience working in the EPBC and utilizing the Integrated Case Management System (ICM) is preferred.
- Experience of supporting clients from various backgrounds with Skills Training, Self-Employment and Wage Subsidies.
- Ability to source out resources and locate and navigate service delivery information as required.
- Proficient with business technology; administrative ability with advanced computer/technical skills and experience, including MS Office, social media, and internet navigation and research.
- Comfortable with data management systems, reporting formats and tracking data/statistics.
- Strong problem solving ability and critical thinking skills.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills with an attention to detail.
- Professional demeanor and ability to build rapport with a variety of individuals and diffuse and appropriately resolve difficult situations.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills; excellent verbal and written communications.
- Criminal Record Check.
Start Date: June 1, 2018
Closing Date: May 25, 2018, internal candidates will be contacted by May 28, 2018
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.