Child & Youth Care Worker – Temporary Part Time
May 14, 2018|INTERNAL/ EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 18-52
Position: Youth and Child Care Worker (Summer Student) – Temporary Part Time
Location: Family Connections Center- South Surrey
Hours: 30 hours/week (Summer Student Position of 8 weeks)
We are looking for a Youth and Child Care Worker to work at our Family Connections Center! This individual should be a strong positive model by being energetic, compassionate, and empathetic while also possessing strong interpersonal and teamwork skills. The position requires the individual to be active and involved in recreation with youth. Applicants must be a current full time student, returning to school full time in September 2018 and between the ages of 19 and 30. The contract is for 240 hours (8 weeks at 30 hours per week) ending no later than August 30th, 2018.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Family Connections Center
Our mission is to strengthen connection within families with youth aged 13 to 17 experiencing family relational challenges in the Lower Mainland. Our unique weekday live-in program for youth is based on trauma-informed, strength-based strategies to enhance family dynamics.
We believe that by increasing family attachment and supporting parents in their parenting skills through empathetic, strength-based and trauma-informed therapy and interventions, we can help families develop healthier relationships. We choose to offer families a unique weekday residential program for the youth to create space for family members to self-reflect and develop a better understanding of their family dynamics. The families are reunited for therapy and during the weekends to practice and model new behaviours. The residential structure also promotes accountability and safer choices to support the youths in becoming resilient, self-sufficient adults.
- · Participates in planning, organizing and implementing of daily routines, individual and program activities.
- · Plans and participates in therapeutic activities.
- · Shift presence is on the floor, except during shift change when notes need to read, and end of shift when notes need to be written.
- · Carries out behavior management with knowledge of child development, using a natural and logical consequence approach.
- · Assists residents in recognizing their strengths and identifying opportunities for growth.
- · Acts as a key worker for assigned clients. Duties as key worker include: case planning, preparing appropriate reports, communicating with other team members, contacting caregiver on Mondays to see how weekend went, and spending 1:1 time with their youth. Attendance may be needed in meetings or ICMS, if requested by Program Manager.
- · Assists with educational assignments and activities.
- · Performs routine maintenance and upkeep of the physical environment. (report any repairs to APIC or Program Manager which cannot be done by staff)
- · Works effectively as a team member in the implementation of the program.
- · Works a 30 hour work week with shift work as required, including weekend outreach if necessary.
- · Provides weekend on-call services to families on a rotating basis with other Child and Youth Care Workers.
- · Ensures that the rights, dignity and confidently of all clients are maintained.
- · Ensure the health and safety for all clients, in the course of working with them.
- · Takes an active part in the work group by participating in staff meetings, team days, and other activities that promote better working conditions and better service to clients.
- · Plans and prepares meals in accordance with Licensing Requirements.
- · Reports directly to, and participates in supervision process with the Program Manager.
- · Ensures the Sources Policies and Procedures are followed as well as the operating procedures of the Family Connection Centre.
- · Meets Canada Summer Jobs 2018 eligibility requirements
- · Minimum completion of 1 years post-secondary education and will be returning to school full-time in the fall.
- · Clear Criminal Record Check
- · TB/Immunization screen
Start Date: As soon as possible
End Date: August 30th, 2018
Closing Date: May 21, 2018
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Matt Vlasic Program Manager, email@example.com. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.