Residential Community Support Worker – Permanent Part Time
MAY 1, 2018| INTERNAL & EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 18-49
Position: Residential Community Support Worker – Permanent Part Time
Location: Stayte House – White Rock South Surrey Area
Hours: 24 hours per week – (Wednesday to Friday 8am-2pm & Saturday 10am-4pm)
We are looking for a Residential Community Support Worker to join our Sources Stayte House Team. This individual must be enthusiastic, resourceful and compassionate while also possessing strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources – Stayte House
Stayte House provides a home to four adults with developmental disabilities and/or autism who require assistance in their day to day lives. Our talented and experienced team assist the residents in all aspects of daily living in order to ensure they have a good quality of life. Our model at Stayte House is to provide the residents with person-centred planning in a supportive home-like environment that fosters independence, choice and social participation.
- To develop a supportive rapport with clients and actively seek out new opportunities for clients as related to their specific goals and objectives
- To teach and assist clients in all aspects of daily living, personal care and communication supports
- To be comfortable supporting clients exhibiting risk behaviours
- To transport clients in the community using program vehicle
- To be comfortable with providing personal care for clients
- To be competent with data entry, report writing, log notes
- To liaise with client stakeholders including family member, community and professional
- degree or diploma in an area related to supporting people with developmental disabilities such as Social Services, Human Services or equivalent;
- minimum of 6 months experience working with people with developmental disabilities and behavioral challenges;
- familiarity with the use of Microsoft Office applications and other computer based software as require;
- an unrestricted class 5 BC driver’s license with a clean driving record is required to drive the program Van;
- proof of SIN and cleared criminal record check;
- full participation in all Sources Training
Start Date: As soon as possible
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- · Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Employee & Family Assistance plan
- · Pension plan
- · Generous paid time off
Closing Date: May 18, 2018 – Internal candidates will be contacted by May 21, 2018
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Kate O’Hare, Stayte House Manager, email@example.com Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.