Child and Youth Care Worker – Casual Status
COMPETITION NO. 18-64
Position: Child and Youth Care Worker – Casual Status
Location: South Surrey
Hours: Variable, casual on-call
We are looking for a Child and Youth Care Worker to join our Sources Family Connections Centre team! This individual must be excited to engage with youth and able to be patient when required.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Family Connections Centre
FCC is a unique, part time residential program that assists families to stay together or reunify. The Child and Youth Care Worker at the Family Connections Center positively engages youth in life skills, recreation and day to day life.
- Provides age appropriate day to day care of youth.
- Engages with youth effectively in both providing direction and participating in activities.
- Requires a trauma informed approach.
- Enjoys working in a team environment.
- Experience working with youth (12-17 years of age)
- Knowledge of residential programs routines and purpose
- Prefer some post-secondary education in psychology and related or a diploma or certificate in related studies.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbal and written
- Must be able to use computer
- Must possess the following: valid BC driver’s license, current first aid, Non-Violent Crisis Intervention certificate (training provided), Food Safe certificate
- Must be able to participate in recreational activities
- Excellent references
- Criminal record check is required
Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: July 27, 2018, internal candidates will be contacted by July 27, 2018
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Manager, Youth Services firstname.lastname@example.org Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.