Community Support Worker – Casual
JUNE 8, 2018| EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. #18-E03
Position: Community Support Worker (casual)
Location: 4807/ 4812 Georgia Street. Ladner, BC
Program Operational Hours: Monday to Friday, 9am-3pm
We are looking for a Community Support Worker to join our Sources Ventures Community Inclusion team! This individual must be self-motivated, creative, and compassionate.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Ventures Community Inclusion Services
To enhance the quality of life of our adult clients with complex developmental barriers.
At Ventures, we believe that exercising the right to choose is the cornerstone of living meaningful lives. Each of our well trained staff strives to encourage and develop our client’s communication skills so that they can live their lives to their full potential. Through individualized planning, we incorporate the wants and needs of our clients in a safe and structured environment to foster independence, social participation and overall well-being.
Successful candidate will be working with a team of professionals endeavouring to support clients with moderate to severe communication barriers with designing and engaging in personal programming within the community.
- · To develop a supportive rapport with clients in service while providing interest, empathy, and encouragement while working on their personal goals
- · To teach functional life skills for daily living
- · To be competent with teaching and using augmentative visual communication tools such as pictures, PECS, sign language, etc.
- · To be comfortable with providing personal care for clients
- · To be competent and punctual with data entry and analysis such as through log entries and report writing
- · To be able to transport clients in the community using program vehicles
- · To be comfortable with supporting clients exhibiting risk behaviours
- · To liaise with various program/ client stakeholders including family members, businesses, and other professionals
- · Minimum 3 months experience supporting people with developmental disabilities
- · Grade 12 diploma and 2 years post secondary education plus 3 months experience supporting people with developmental disabilities OR > 2 years experience supporting people with developmental disabilities or an equivalent combination of either.
- · Competence using Microsoft Office applications and other computer based software as required
- · Have all employment requirements current and valid (cleared criminal record check, First Aid/ CPR, NCI training, class 5 driver’s license, proof of SIN)
Start Date: June 25th, 2018 or later
Salary: $18.15/hr or as per collective agreement step
Benefits (if applicable):
· Pension plan (when eligibility requirements met)
Closing Date: None, ongoing interest in qualified applicants
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Jason Cusator, Community Inclusion Manager, email@example.com. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.