Life Skills Assistant Manager – Permanent Full Time
June 21st, 2018| INTERNAL / EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. #18-62
Position: Life Skills Assistant Manager – Permanent Full-Time
Location: Life Skills Resource Centre – Surrey (Newton)
Hours: 35 hrs/wk
We are looking for an Assistant Manager to join our Sources Life Skills Centre team! This individual must be responsible, possess strong interpersonal skills, and be confident and competent in leading and directing others.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Life Skills Centre
The Life Skills program is a multi-faceted service that has been running since the early 80’s, offering individuals a wide range of center and community-based services. Our diverse, talented and experienced staff continually strive to expand the participant’s horizons and life opportunities. We place a strong emphasis on developing confidence through meaningful activities and learning experiences that promote healthy relationships, self-expression, and inclusiveness for clients in their own communities. Person-centred, we endeavour to assist a range of clients in progressing to their highest potential while also providing on-going supports to ensure long-term stability and quality of life.
- · Directly orienting, supervising, directing, and leading staff team
- · Monitoring staff work responsibilities are being met and holding those accountable when professional conduct/ expectations are falling short
- · Directly support clients in the absence of staff or when assistance is required
- · Ensure that all OH&S, Policy and Procedures, Accreditation regulations, and all other relevant governing obligations are being adhered to by the program and staff team
- · Maintaining a safe work environment for both staff and service users alike, including following and monitoring all positive behavior support strategies as they apply to clients in service. This includes being confident and familiar with Non-Violent Crisis Intervention material so as to guide and teach staff effectively in adhering to concepts taught.
- · Have strong working knowledge of Positive Behaviour Support strategies
- · Liaise and maintain professional relationships with parents, clients, community partners and various other program stakeholders
- · Keep organized, detailed and confidential records on a database system using clear, professional and subjective language
- – A minimum bachelor’s level of post-secondary education (preferably in social sciences)
- – A minimum of 2 years supervisory experience
- – A minimum of 5 years working experience in the community living sector
- – A combination of the above
- – Ability to work independently
- – Confidence and competence with being in a leadership position, including directing others and holding staff accountable in regards to performing job expectations and professional conduct.
- – Strong working knowledge with positive behavior support strategies as well as general knowledge of the community living population.
- – Must bit in fit enough physical condition to directly support clients in service as well as confident and competent in managing clients in crisis exhibiting physical risk behaviours.
- – High competence level in clear and concise verbal and written communication, including an excellent skillset in writing and editing of reports as well as general communications to various stakeholders including families, funders, and community partners.
- – High proficiency level in using Microsoft Office applications.
- – Willingness to gain additional knowledge and education is an asset.
Start Date: July 15th, 2018
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- · Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Employee & Family Assistance plan
- · Pension plan
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: July 2nd, 2018. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by July 3rd, 2018
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Jason Cusator, Community Inclusion Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.