Residential Care Worker – Casual Status
COMPETITION NO. 18-65
Position: Residential Care Worker- Casual Status (this is a CUPE union position)
Location: Sources Georgia House – Delta
Hours: Casual on-call
We are looking for a Residential Care Worker to join our Sources Georgia House team! This individual must be an inspired, innovative, and compassionate team player.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources – Georgia House
Sources Community Living – Georgia House provides all-encompassing care for vulnerable adults who have been referred to us by Community Living British Columbia. Our mission is to enable the pursuit of the best quality of life possible for clients. We do this by fostering independence, community integration, and social participation. The Residential Care Worker plays a key part in this development.
- Assisting residents in all aspects of daily living (i.e. personal care, appointments, community outings etc.)
- Following individual client service plans and participate in the on-going of such plans
- Following client budget; adhere to spending limits and record expenses
- Developing a supportive rapport with clients and actively seeking out new opportunities for clients that relate directly to their goals and objectives
- Working constructively as part of a team with all colleagues.
- Participate fully in walking, swimming, sports, and a wide variety of recreation and leisure activities.
- The completion of tasks as assigned, including routine facility maintenance.
- Minimum 6 months experience working with people with developmental disabilities and/or behavioural challenges.
- Unscripted current class 5 driver’s license is required.
- Minimum 1 year post-secondary education, preferably in behavior sciences, social work, community social service or equivalent.
- All employment requirements (which include First Aid, NCI Training, TB screening, criminal record check, proof of SIN, immunization form, Class 5 Driver’s License) must be valid and current by agency-set deadlines or your application will not be considered.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, take initiative and actively use critical thinking skills.
- Ability to act decisively in crisis situations
- Ability to communicate (orally and in writing) effectively and professionally with clients, parents, staff, management, and other professionals
- Ability to use Word Processor (Word for Windows) to record data and produce reports
- Successful criminal record check
- Proof of SIN
- First Aid/CPR/NCI training is provided by Sources upon hiring
Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary: $18.15 per hour
Closing Date: July 15, 2018
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Teresa O’Neill, Program Manager, email@example.com
Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.