Summer Administrative Assistant – Temporary Part Time
JUNE 8, 2018| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 18-58
Position: Summer Administrative Coordinator
Location: Sources Life Skills Centre
Hours: 30 hrs/ week (Monday-Friday)
We are looking for a Summer Administrative Coordinator to join our Sources Life Skills Centre team! This individual must be organized, motivated, and collaborative.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Life Skills Centre
The Life Skills program is a multi-faceted service that has been running since the early 80’s, offering individuals a wide range of center and community-based services. Our diverse, talented and experienced staff continually strive to expand the participant’s horizons and life opportunities. We place a strong emphasis on developing confidence through meaningful activities and learning experiences that promote healthy relationships, self-expression, and inclusiveness for clients in their own communities. Person-centred, we endeavour to assist a range of clients in progressing to their highest potential while also providing on-going supports to ensure long-term stability and quality of life.
- · Be responsible for organizing and creating efficiencies within electronic and hard copy filing systems for community inclusion programs
- · Organizing and decluttering work spaces, storage cabinets, office spaces
- · Arranging for file storage as required.
- · Creating clear and user friendly systems for all staff to follow and navigate
- · Handle sensitive information and adhere to privacy regulations and policies
- · Working with a team of staff in maintaining a safe, nurturing, and positive environment in efforts to achieve program purpose and mission
- · Communicating regularly with management team in program streamlining and efficiency projects
- · Demonstrated ability to work independently, take initiative and actively use critical thinking skills
- · Excellent computer skills and a thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office are necessary
- · Ability to work with minimum supervision and as part of a team
- · Strong interpersonal skills and a polite telephone manner are required
- · Ability to pass a Criminal Record check is required.
Start Date: June 25th, 2018 until August 31st, 2018
Closing Date: June 15th, 2018 , short listed candidates will be contacted by June 18th, 2018
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Jason Cusator, Community Inclusion Manager, email@example.com. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.