Volunteer & Program Services Assistant
JUNE 5, 2018| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 18-46
Position: Volunteer & Program Services Assistant – (Summer Student) P/T – 9 week contract
Location: Volunteer Services – Maple Street
Hours: 30 hrs/wk – Mon. to Fri. 9:30 am to 4:00 pm. Must be available for some weekends and evenings.
We are looking for a Volunteer & Program Services Assistant to join our Sources Volunteer Services team! This individual must be energetic, creative and team spirited.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Volunteer Services
Sources’ Volunteer Services is designed to support social wellness for individuals and communities through volunteerism. Through our office, we provide direct services to the community in ensuring health and wellness services are accessible, and support the entire organization’s mission through the strength of volunteerism. Volunteer Services provides an excellent opportunity for a student to explore the benefits of working in a non-profit environment, to gain valuable knowledge of services available to the community and to work together with the community for the health of our most vulnerable members.
- · Assist with the coordination with the annual Volunteer Appreciation Event celebrating Sources’ 40th Anniversary of service to the community.
- · Assist with the coordination and attend the White Rock Sea Festival Torchlight Parade.
- · Assist with the coordination and attend other local community events bringing awareness about Sources’ volunteer opportunities and services.
- · Assist with the operations of the Volunteer Services office including the support of volunteers and provision of service to clients.
- · Assist with the operations of Sources’ Food Banks, including the development of a volunteer orientation manual.
- · Meets the requirements of the Canada Summer Jobs Program (Between 15 and 30 years of age, have been registered as a full-time student in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year, be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, and be legally entitled to work in Canada.)
- · Possesses an understanding of the issues related to poverty and has the ability to handle sensitive client issues with tact and non-judgement.
- · Clear criminal records check.
- · valid driver’s license and own vehicle an asset.
Start Date: Monday, June 18th, 2018
Closing Date: June 11, 2018, internal candidates will be contacted by June 13, 2018
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Carrie Belanger, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.