Child & Youth Worker/Behaviour Consultant – Permanent Full Time
July 20th 2018| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 18-76
Position: Child and Youth Worker/Behaviour Consultant
Location: Fort St John BC
Hours: 35/hr per week- Part-time Permanent
The Sources Positive Behaviour Support program provides behaviour consultation to families and children with Neurodevelopmental disorders and behaviour challenges. The approach we use is Positive Behaviour Support and Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA). Positive Behaviour Support is a systematic and planned approach to preventing or reducing challenging behaviours and positively addresses socially significant behaviours to affect a better quality of life for your child. Applied Behaviour Analysis is a group of intervention strategies that are often used as a part of a Positive Behaviour Support approach to modify, prevent, and or teach skills. Together, our approach uses a set of assessment based strategies that combine the science of behaviour; information about your child’s physical and mental health; and person centered values.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, Prince George, Dawson
Creek, Fort St John and Fort Nelson for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Behaviour Intervention and Mental Health & Positive Behaviour Support
The Sources Behaviour Intervention and Mental Health program a community based outreach service that offers one-on-one intervention to children and youth aged 6-18. Clients must be referred by either the Ministry of Child and Family Development Child and Youth Mental health services, or the Children and Youth with Special Needs services. Individuals are connected to natural supports in the community. Some of the goals which may be included;
· Skill-building (social skills, life skills, anger management, problem solving, self-regulation)
· Assist in gradual exposure for anxiety and depression
· Transition to Independent living
· Mentor and model positive behaviour
· Collaborate with schools, families, and other community supports
- · The Child and Youth Worker/Behaviour Consultant is a blend of two positions providing behaviour modification and skills training.
- · As the Child and Youth Worker, you will be providing intervention for youth with mental health challenges and/or developmental disabilities.
- · You will support the goals as directed by the referring Mental Health Clinician. Activities may include; socialization, symptom reduction and skill development.
- · The worker will also be responsible for liaising with Mental Health therapist, report writing, and case management.
- · As the Behaviour Consultant, duties include conducting Functional Assessment, Positive Behaviour Support program development, and monitor support strategies for families of children with Developmental Disabilities.
- · Must be able to work flexible hours to meet the needs of clients.
- · Position is clinically supervised by a BCBA which can be used towards certification hours.
- · Involves reimbursement for travel.
- · Requires a home office (equipment is provided) and vehicle.
- · Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (Psychology, Education, Social Work, etc.);
- · 2 years related experience.
- · Proof of SIN
- · Criminal Record Check is required.
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- · Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Employee & Family Assistance plan
- · Pension plan
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Start Date: ASAP
Closing Date: August 30th 2018
How to apply:
Please submit your resume to Colleen Murnaghan at email@example.com or fax: (250)561-1195