Family Support Worker – Permanent, Full Time
July 27, 2018| INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 18-79
Position: Family Support Worker- Permanent Full-time
Location: Peace Arch Resource Centre – White Rock/South Surrey
Hours: 35 hours/week, flexibility required.
We are looking for a Family Support Worker to join our Family Services Program team! This individual should be a strong positive model by being strengths based, creative, and resourceful while also possessing strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Family Services Program
Working within a strengths based model, the Family Worker will provide various services as contracted by MCFD, including protective family intervention and reunification services, family development response, and visitation and access services to families referred by MCFD. The goal is to preserve and/or reunify the family unit. Working closely with the Family Services team and MCFD social workers, the Family Worker will provide outreach services including, but not limited to, parental behavioural and interactive interventions, life skills, assistance in accessing community supports, and some transportation of clients. The family worker will deliver services within a trauma informed context.
- · Carry a caseload of 10-12 families
- · Provide supervised visitation and family development services
- · Works within the home, out of home living arrangements, or foster care and where possible maintains the child in the home or re-unifies the family.
- · In consultation with the Family Services team and MCFD workers, carries out service plan interventions such as life skills training, assistance in accessing other supports and improving informal support networks to reduce identified risks.
- · Participates in Integrated Case Management and case conferences where required.
- · Provides families with referral to appropriate community resources where required.
- · Bachelor’s degree in social sciences (e.g. psychology, etc)
- · Training in Trauma Informed Practice, Attachment and family systems an asset
- · Prefer a minimum of 2 years’ experience working with children and families struggling with multiple stressors, children who may experience behavioural and emotional difficulties, attachment issues, past trauma
- · Basic understanding of substance use issues, effects of trauma on development, child development, parenting, attachment.
- · Must possess valid BC driver’s license with clean driving record
- · Criminal record check required
- · Excellent organizational and time management skills
- · Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- · Availability to work evenings and weekends if required
- · Cultural sensitivity
- · Strong understanding of the child protection system and applicable acts
Start Date: September 3, 2018
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- · Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Employee & Family Assistance plan
- · Pension plan
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: August 13, 2018
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Program Manager, Family Services Email: email@example.com
Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.