Family Support Worker – Temporary, Full Time
JULY 11, 2018| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 18-72
Position: Family Support Worker – Temporary, Full time
Location: Prince George
Hours: 35/hr per week
We are looking for a Full time, temporary (1.5 yrs.) Family Support Worker to join our Sources Family Preservation team! This individual must demonstrate strong communication skills, an understanding of family dynamics and have the ability to set boundaries.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Family Preservation Program
Working within a strengths based model, the Family Support Worker will provide various services, will have a team environment to work within however you will also be required to work independently.
Family intervention / reunification
- · Visitation & Access
- · Outreach services to families including referrals and community supports
- · Comfortable with computers for Recording & Reporting
- · Participate in team management and clinical sessions
- · Participate in education initiatives and
- · Provide transportation when required
- · Bachelor degree in Social Work, Psychology, Child and Youth Care, or another related field
- · 1 years’ experience providing therapeutic intervention to families, or other related experience.
- · Able to provide intake and assessment.
- · Knowledge of MCFD protocol regarding Child Protection and Risk Assessment is an asset.
- · Familiar and comfortable working with Microsoft Office products.
- · Must possess a valid BC Driver’s License and a reliable vehicle.
Start Date: ASAP
- · Pension plan (when requirements met)
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: July 27, 2018. Internal candidates will be contacted by July 30, 2018
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Judith Desjarlais. email@example.com fax: 250-561-1195 or by mail to 1596-3rd Ave, Prince George, BC V2L 3G4 Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.