Family Therapist – Full Time, Permanent
AUG. 23, 2018| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 18-90
Position: Family Therapist, full-time, permanent
Location: South Surrey
Hours: 35 hours per week
We are looking for a Family Therapist to join our Sources Family Connections team! This individual must be a compassionate, self-driven, and energetic therapist who has a passion for working with youth and their families while taking a trauma informed, strength based approach.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Family Connections Centre
The Family Connections Centre is a residential treatment program for adolescents and their families. FCC is a unique family reunification program which provides a therapeutic milieu within which adolescents and their families work towards resolving their conflicts. Working with a small, close and skilled team, the family therapist provides family counseling to the teens and their families. This is a dynamic position providing clinical oversight of program and providing therapy to family members and youth as indicated and appropriate.
- Provides direct Family and individual therapy to parents/caregivers and youth as indicated and appropriate in a family driven collaborative style.
- Works in a collaborative environment with keyworkers to provide a holistic approach to supporting the families involved with the program.
- Has input into, and oversight over clinical direction of program.
- Co-facilitates with keyworker parent support sessions providing new parenting strategies, behavioural and interactive interventions, as well as assistance in accessing community supports.
- Assists youth with counselling support, life skills, and some transportation for clients when required.
- Facilitates therapeutic groups for youth regularly as needed.
- Liaise with social workers, mental health clinicians, school representatives, and other community resources connected with the family.
- Leads case conferences as required.
- Works following the program’s strengths-based, trauma-informed, harm-reduction, systemic model to supporting family reunification.
- Masters level training in psychology or social work.
- Membership in a professional association such as BC Assn of Clinical Counsellors an asset.
- Three to five years of experience and familiarity with residential child care.
- Two years of experience working with at-risk/high risk families and youth.
- Must possess valid driver’s license with clean driving record,
- Criminal record check required,
- Current First Aid certificate
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Knowledge of the following:
- a. Developmental psychology
- b. Strengths Based Model
- c. Harm Reduction Model
- d. Family systems theory
- e. Trauma Informed Practice
- f. MCFD and community resources for youth and families
- g. Knowledge of the Community Care Facilities Act & Child Protection system
- h. Behaviour management strategies
2. Excellent organizational and time management skills,
3. Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills,
4. Ability to be self directed.
Start Date: asap
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- · Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Employee & Family Assistance plan
- · Pension plan
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: Sept. 24 2018. Internal candidates will be contacted by Sept.24, 2018
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Manager, Youth Services at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.