Program Coordinator – Permanent, Full time
July 11th, 2018|INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 18-71
Position: Crossroads Program Coordinator – Permanent Full-Time
Location: Crossroads Community Inclusion Services – Delta (Ladner)
Hours: 35 hrs/wk Mon-Friday 8:30am-3:30pm
We are looking for a Program Coordinator to join our Sources Crossroads Community Inclusion team! This individual must be organized, possess strong interpersonal skills, and be confident and competent in leading and directing others.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Crossroads Community Inclusion Services
Our mission is to support clients in identifying & pursuing their aspirations in line with their needs, desires and abilities.
The Crossroads program is a long standing and specialized Community Inclusion program based in the heart of Ladner, BC. At Crossroads, we focus on developing individualized supports for clients with varying developmental disabilities. Through person centred planning, the knowledgeable support staff work alongside each client to learn ways for them overcome barriers that may be present in allowing each client to have the best possible quality of life within their own community. Primary areas of focus are in employment, social and life skill development, health and fitness, and behaviour management.
- · Planning, developing, implementing, and overseeing the day-to-day activities of the Crossroads program.
- · To actively participate in program development and evaluation including ensuring staff team remain on track with service outcomes and organization goals.
- · Assisting the Crossroads Management team in providing orientation, training, work direction and guidance to Community Support Workers.
- · Ensuring that clients’ physical, emotional, social, educational, medical needs are being met and directly assists clients to enhance quality of life and personal life goals while receiving services within Crossroads.
- · To work directly with clients in the Crossroads programs whenever necessary to ensure program commitments are being met and delivered safely.
- · Ensure that all OH&S, Policy and Procedures, Accreditation regulations, and all other relevant governing obligations are being adhered to by the program and staff team
- · Maintaining a safe work environment for both staff and service users alike, including following and monitoring all positive behavior support strategies as they apply to clients in service. This includes being confident and familiar with Non-Violent Crisis Intervention material so as to guide and teach staff effectively in adhering to concepts taught.
- · Liaise and maintain professional relationships with parents, clients, community partners and various other program stakeholders.
- · Keep organized, detailed and confidential records on a database system using clear, professional and objective language.
- – A minimum 2 years of post-secondary education (preferably in social sciences)
- – A minimum of 2 years working experience in the community living sector
- – A combination of the above
- – Ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative
- – Confidence and competence with being in a leadership position, including directing others and coordinating programming logistical needs.
- – Have a working understanding of the Performance & Quality Improvement process
- – Strong working knowledge with positive behavior support strategies as well as general knowledge of the community living population.
- – Must bit in fit enough physical condition to directly support clients in service as well as confident and competent in managing clients in crisis exhibiting physical risk behaviours.
- – High competence level in clear and concise verbal and written communication, including an excellent skillset in writing and editing of reports as well as general communications to various stakeholders including families, funders, and community partners.
- – High proficiency level in using Microsoft Office and Share Vision applications.
- – Willingness to gain additional knowledge and education is an asset.
Start Date: July 30th, 2018
Salary: Starting at $20.55/hr (or in accordance to Grid Level 12 as per the collective agreement
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- · Long term disability, life insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Pension plan
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: July 17th, 2018. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by July 18th, 2018
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Jason Cusator, Community Inclusion Manager, email@example.com. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.