Behaviour Interventionist – Casual
AUGUST 20, 2018| EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 18-88
Position: Behaviour Interventionist – Casual
Location: Lower Mainland
Hours: As needed
We are looking for a behaviour interventionist to join our Sources Access PBS Team! The individual will provide direct one-to-one teaching to young children diagnosed with autism and other developmental disorders. In addition, the interventionist will work as part of an interdisciplinary team, and under the direct mentorship and supervision of a Behavior Analyst or Behavior Consultant.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families throughout the Lower Mainland and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Access PBS Services
We provide in-home and community-based behaviour consultation service to families that have children with autism and other developmental disabilities.
- · Implement strategies developed by the consultant either in a 1:1 setting or in the community
- · Collect data during each session to track ongoing progress of program tasks and graph data when required
- · Attend and participate in team meetings as scheduled
- · Assist in program material preparation as per consultant’s request
- · Notifies the consultant when program needs immediate attention
- · Must have high school diploma AND a minimum of 1 year interventionist experience and/or education in related field.
- · Able to commit to agency for minimum of 1 year AND take on multiple clients
- · Outgoing, energetic, ability to identify client interests in order to keep client motivated/interested
- · Experience with collecting data with the use of data sheets
- · Willingness to work with clients across all ages and disabilities
- · Willingness to work with clients both in the home and out in the community, when/ if required
- · Available to work a minimum of 2-3 days per week with each assigned client (approx. 1.5 – 2.5 hr. sessions)
- · Valid BC driver’s license + vehicle / Reliable means of transportation where being punctual for scheduled sessions will not be an issue
- · Successful criminal record check required
Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: September 30, 2018
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume attention Peggy Yu, Program Manager @ email@example.com. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Please note: Persons with no related experience WILL NOT be contacted for this position. Please only apply if you meet the above qualifications. Thank you.