Housing Support Services Manager Permanent Full time
AUG. 10, 2018| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
Position: Housing Support Services Manager
Location: Newton Resource Centre
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm (with some flexibility for special events on evenings and weekends)
We are looking for a Housing Support Services Manager to join our Sources team! This individual must be assertive, compassionate, and detail-oriented.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Newton Resource Centre – Housing Support Services
The Newton Resource Centre offers a variety of services for individuals who a living in poverty including those who are homeless. These programs focus on supporting individuals to obtain and maintain essential income and living resources including income assistance, other government benefits, and affordable rental housing. Our Housing Support Services assist individuals who are homeless and at imminent risk of homelessness. This team works collaboratively to address the unique and complex needs of each individual as well as works in partnership with other service providers in the community to address the needs of this target population.
- · Administration, development, and implementation of Housing Support Services
- · Recruitment and supervision of staff, volunteers, and practicum students
- · Development and maintenance of collaborative relationships in the community which support the delivery of services
- · Service evaluation including outcomes-related data collection, evaluation, and reporting
- · Quality of service monitoring including client satisfaction, stakeholder input, quality improvement systems, and accreditation
- · Financial monitoring as per Sources and funder requirements
- · Monitoring and addressing safety and maintenance issues pertaining to program site and materials
- · Coordination with other Newton site Managers to ensure adequate coverage and prompt coordinated response to safety concerns and other risk issues
- · Diploma or degree in Human Services field with at least three years’ experience in Program Management including administration, supervision, and evaluation
- · Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- · Computer literacy
- · Must have a valid driver’s license and vehicle for use during work hours
Start Date: September 15, 2018
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- · Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Employee & Family Assistance plan
- · Pension plan
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: August 24, 2018, internal candidates will be contacted by August 28, 2018
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.