Volunteer Program Assistant – WorkBC Employment Services Centre – Cloverdale
Sources WorkBC Employment Services Centres provides free, client centered and integrated employment services supporting persons who are unemployed and seeking to obtain and maintain employment and offer free services to support local business/ employers with their hiring needs.
As a volunteer with the Employment Centre in Cloverdale, you will provide assistance with the daily operations at the WorkBC Employment Services Centre. Through your work you will facilitate access to employment support services for local job seekers to enhance their opportunities for employment, contributing to workforce development in a changing economy and fostering social wellness in the community.
More specifically you will:
- Provide reception support – answer incoming calls, receive and welcome visitors and provide basic program information and orientation to the centre.
- Assist with the initial screening for service eligibility, registration, tour of centre, schedule appointments, and refer to alternate supports/ services as required.
- Provide support to clients in the self-serve resource centre as required to support self-directed job search activities.
- Update resources and local job postings.
- Assist with filing, photocopying, scanning, file assembly, data entry , etc.
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Experience working in community service and/or employment service field preferred.
- General knowledge of employment services field and fundamentals of conducting an effective job search.
- Ability to work well with diverse client populations including individuals with multiple barriers and persons with disabilities. Ability to relate to individuals across all socioeconomic and cultural groups.
- Strong customer service skills combined with a professional demeanor and ability to build rapport with a variety of individuals and diffuse potentially difficult situations in a tactful manner.
- Familiarity of local community based services.
- Solid computer/technical skills including MS Office (Word, Excel, Access) and internet navigation.
- Comfortable with use of photocopiers, printers, fax machine and scanners.
- Flexible, detail oriented with strong organizational skills and possess an ability to take initiative, accept direction and work effectively both independently and in a team environment.
The hours are 8:30 am to 12:30 pm every Thursday. A minimum 6 month commitment is required.
Benefits of this position:
This position offers a real opportunity to provide direct support to a diverse client population seeking employment. We work with individuals with multiple barriers, disabilities, new immigrants, indigenous and youth who are seeking career development services. Volunteers in this office provide services to the community in a way that can have immediate and long lasting positive impacts for clients.
If you are interested in more information about this opportunity or other volunteer positions with Sources, please contact Volunteer Services email@example.com or at 604-542-4357.
WANT TO APPLY?
Please download and complete the below Forms and return In Person to Sources Volunteer Services office at 882 Maple St., White Rock, OR Email to firstname.lastname@example.org, citing the Volunteer Position.
If you are interested in more information about this opportunity or other volunteer positions with Sources, please contact Volunteer Services at email@example.com or 604-542-4357.