Contract & Finance Coordinator – Permanent, Full time
OCTOBER 18, 2018| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 18-108
Position: Contract & Finance Coordinator – Permanent Full Time
Location: Morgan Creek Operations Centre – South Surrey
Hours: 35 hours/week (Mon-Fri)
We are looking for a Contract & Finance Coordinator join our Sources Finance team! This individual should be a strong positive model by being energetic, creative, and resourceful while also possessing strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Finance Team
The Finance Team supports our Program Managers and Seniors Managers throughout the organization in all financial areas, such as budgeting, invoicing, monthly financial updates, periodic internal and external financial reporting, and addressing queries from staff. We are a small tightly knit team, with positive attitude and a willingness to pitch in to help the team meet deadlines and deliver results.
- Provides finance support to Program Managers and Seniors Managers in assigned Service Divisions which may include: budgeting, invoicing, monthly financial updates,
- periodic internal and external financial reporting, and addressing general queries from all staff levels.
- Prepares monthly reconciliations as assigned.
- Provides technical and analytical support to Senior Managers involved in Service Contract negotiations.
- Prepares, or assists in preparing, various tax filings and applications.
- Receives donations, issues charitable and other receipts.
- · Maintains inventory records and annual inventory counts.
- · Controls or assists in controlling, gift certificates, gift cards, and BC Sharing Accounts for the Food Bank.
- · Maintains a thorough knowledge of society budgets.
- · Helps with day to day accounting functions in the absence of the Chief Financial Officer.
- · Fills in for other accounting department employees as required.
- · Currently enrolled in a recognized accounting program OR at least 5 years previous experience in a related position.
- · Intermediate accounting knowledge & practical experience is desired
- · Superior Excel and Outlook skills, and high computer proficiency
- · Experience with Sage ERP (ACCPAC) is essential
- · Fast and accurate data entry skills
- · Attention to detail with excellent time management skills
- · Exceptional interpersonal & communication skills
- · Attention to detail & high level of accuracy
- · Effective organizational skills
- · Self-motivated, intuitive
- · Ability to work well, within a diverse team.
Start Date: asap
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- · Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Employee & Family Assistance plan
- · Pension plan
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: Nov 2, 2018, internal candidates will be contacted by Nov 9, 2018
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Janet Weber, CFO at firstname.lastname@example.org Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.