Nursing Supervisor – Temporary, Part time to full time
October 24, 2018| INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 18-111
Position: Nursing Supervisor – Temporary
Location: Cornerstone Care – Langley BC
Hours: 30-35 hours weekly- depending on operational requirements
We are looking for a Nursing Supervisor to join our Sources Cornerstone Care team! We provide home support services to clients in our community, serving Delta, Surrey, White Rock, Langley, Aldergrove and Abbotsford. This individual should be compassionate, patient, and have strong communication skills. Nursing Supervisor is responsible for promoting and maintaining a competent workforce of Community Health Workers and ensuring high standards of care for clients.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Cornerstone Care
Sources Cornerstone Care provides services that help promote independence and quality of life for any individual at an affordable price. We provide home support services such as overnight care, palliative care, meal planning and general house cleaning. The Sources Cornerstone Care team is a passionate group of individuals who work to improve the quality of life of those most vulnerable.
CERTIFICATION, EDUCATION AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor of Nursing degree or diploma or equivalent and current registration with CLPNBC or CRNBC
- 2+ years’ experience in a home support setting or palliative care setting required
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Compassionate and friendly demeanor
- Ability to travel to multiple clients per day
- Type 45 WPM
- · Complete initial assessment (including risk assessment) to determine the services required by the client and safety protocols (as needed) for Community Health Workers (CHWs).
- · Develop Client Care Plans and review and revise regularly and as needed.
- · Perform direct patient care as required (e.g. wound care, monitor vital signs, medication administration).
- · Provide supervision of care and training of CHWs to ensure the staff are able to provide the appropriate care and complete required documentation.
- · Ensure (via training, supervision, and coaching) that CHWs have a solid understanding of program operating procedures and DOTs.
- · Review case notes and complete regular audits of client records including flow sheets. Follow up as needed with CHWs and clients.
- · Outline and monitor risk mitigation protocols and specialized interventions required for clients’ physical, psychological, and behavioral issues (as needed) to ensure the wellbeing of CHWs and clients.
- · Coordinate with interdisciplinary professionals as well as family members and others involved in the client’s care network as per the client’s wishes.
- · Assess clients during each scheduled home visit and document observations.
- · Maintain awareness of community resources and agencies and make information available to clients.
- · Respond to after-hours emergencies in collaboration with Supervisor and Service Coordinator.
- · Conduct other special nursing duties as required.
Start date: ASAP
Closing Date: October 31, 2018
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Lynn Sanderson at firstname.lastname@example.org