Program Assistant – Permanent, Full Time
October 24, 2018 INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 18-112
Position: Program Assistant
Location: Cornerstone Care – Langley BC
Hours: 35 hours, PERMANENT, FULL TIME
We are looking for a Program Assistant to join our Sources Cornerstone Care team! We provide home support services to clients in our community, serving Delta, Surrey, White Rock, Langley, Aldergrove and Abbotsford. This individual should be compassionate, patient, and have strong communication skills.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Cornerstone Care
Sources Cornerstone Care provides services that help promote independence and quality of life for any individual at an affordable price. We provide home support services such as overnight care, palliative care, meal planning and general house cleaning. The Sources Cornerstone Care team is a passionate group of individuals who work to improve the quality of life of those most vulnerable.
- Must be in good health and have physical and mental capabilities which are compatible with the duties below
- Must demonstrate qualifications, maturity and interest in providing quality care to clients.
- Must be able to establish and maintain harmonious professional relationships with clients, their families and other staff.
- Must be able to understand instruction and communicate competently in oral and written English.
- Answer and direct all incoming calls in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Liaison between clients, purchaser of service, CHWs, vendors and Agency personnel.
- Provide information requested by caller when possible.
- Assist the public, clients, and Community Health Workers who come into the office, including potential new employees with applications, and CHWs with filling out
- required forms
- Responsible for maintaining files and setting up new files for clients and CHWs as directed by Supervisor.
- Maintain office supplies, inclusive of purchasing inventory and keeping supplies organized.
- Photocopying all office forms and other items as needed.
- Maintain list of contacts related to office management.
- Set up and maintains voice mail system
- Assist in the hiring and orientation of new employees as requested
- Responsible for the distribution of daily mail, faxes, including outgoing mail, postage and couriers as needed.
- Assist in the maintaining of office equipment by organizing any necessary repairs, service calls, etc.
- Provide desk coverage for Supervisor and Scheduler when needed.
- Other related duties as required.
Start Date: ASAP
· 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
· Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
· Employee & Family Assistance plan
· Pension plan
· Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: October 31, 2018
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Lynn Sanderson firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you.