Residential Care Worker – Permanent, Full time
NOVEMBER 5, 2018| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 18-116
Position: Residential Care Worker (floater) – Permanent Full-Time
(This position requires HSA Union membership and is open to applicants of all genders.)
Location: Archway House
Hours: 40 hours per week (Sat 7am-3pm, Sun 2:30pm-10:30pm, Wed 10am-6pm, with two floater days scheduled weekly according to the needs of the residents and program – these two shifts may be either morning, evening or overnight
We are looking for a Residential Care Worker (Floater) to join our Sources Archway House team!
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Community Living / Archway House
Sources Community Living – Archway House provides care and advocacy for 4 adults with developmental disabilities in residential and community settings. Our mission is to enable the pursuit of the best quality of life possible for clients. We do this by fostering independence, community integration, and social participation. The Residential Care Worker plays a key part in this development.
- · Engaging with the residents in community inclusion and recreation activities.
- · Assisting residents in all aspects of daily living (i.e. personal care, appointments, community outings etc.)
- · Following individual client service plans and participate in the on-going of such plans
- · Following client / petty cash budget; adhere to spending limits and record expenses
- · Developing a supportive rapport with clients and actively seeking out new opportunities for clients that relate directly to their goals and objectives
- · Working constructively as part of a team with all colleagues.
- Participate fully in walking, swimming, sports, and a wide variety of recreation and leisure activities.
- The completion of tasks as assigned by manager, including routine facility maintenance.
- · Meal preparation and housekeeping duties
- Minimum 6 months experience working with people with developmental disabilities
Grade 12 diploma and 2 years post-secondary education, preferably in behavior sciences, social work, or community social service or equivalent
All employment requirements (which include CPR, NCI Training, medical clearance, TB screening, , Sources training course, criminal record check, proof of SIN card, immunization form, Class 4 Driver’s License) must be valid and current by agency-set deadlines or your application will not be considered.
Must have class 4 drivers Unrestricted license
Ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative and use critical thinking skills.
Ability to act decisively in crisis situations
Ability to use a word processor (Word for Windows) to produce objective written data and reports
Experience working with adults with developmental disabilities /or clients with possible physical aggression, including effective responses to such behavior
Familiar with adult rights and responsibilities
Able to actively seek out new community/recreation/vocational experiences
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ability to create and implement visual supports and schedules, implement behaviour support strategies.
Comfortable attending and participating in adult planning meeting
Start Date: December 3, 2018
Salary: $18.15 per hour
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- · Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Employee & Family Assistance plan
- · Pension plan
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: Nov 19, 2018 internal candidates will be contacted By Nov. 30, 2018
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Vinder Biln, Program Manager, Vinder@sourcesbc.ca . Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.