Training Developer – Permanent, Full time
November 5, 2018| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 18-117
Position: Training Developer – Full Time, Permanent
Location: Newton Resource Center
Hours: 35 hrs/week
We are looking for a Training Developer to join our Sources Community Assistance Programs team! This individual must be eager, motivated, organised, and responsible!
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Community Assistance Programs – Ask an Advocate Program
Ask an Advocate provides online advocacy support to organizations serving Metro Vancouver’s homeless (and at risk of homelessness) population. The website content and support focus on assisting individuals who have barriers to accessing basic living needs such as income, medical benefits, and affordable housing. Supports include short tutorials and a Tenancy and Income Supports Advocate who is available to respond to questions by email and live chat. Online materials and support cover topics such as: how to deal with an eviction notice; how to prevent problems with your landlord; how to appeal when your benefits application is denied; and when/how to request a crisis supplement. In addition to the online tutorials, we offer tenancy and income support training to staff and volunteers – Service providers working with homeless and at risk of homelessness population.
- · At the direction of the program manager, assists in the development, design and delivery of on-line, webinar and supports the in person trainings related to technology, training environment, needs of students, training materials and administratively.
- · Responsible for building and maintaining modules, content, presentation resources for webinars and presentations for the program,
- · Oversees and maintains all information for website, on-line advocacy reference information databases and training. Ensures appropriate changes to website and reference material as required.
- · Maintains administrative resources including databases to track membership, engagement of training participants, responding to trainee inquires, website usage and follow up surveys,
- · Oversees & maintain notices and communications for service and program,
- · Assist with program events, presentations, meetings and agency events as required and any other duties as assigned by the manager as necessary.
- · Minimum 2 years post-secondary education and 2 years’ experience in related administrative position
- · Excellent administrative skills and experience in resource development; creation of booklets, brochures, fact sheets and online presentations; must be organized and systems oriented
- · Must have excellent computer knowledge and computer technical skills; have extensive knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, WordPress, Webinar software, and online applications
- · Adapt at filming, using video camera, lighting and related equipment for creating videos.
- · Excellent understanding and skill working with multimedia and video production programs. Understanding of Adobe Suite and related programs web applications, internet and research skills.
- · Excellent interpersonal communication skills including, informational interviewing for content, public relations, oral and written skills.
- · Self-motivated with well-developed planning, organizing, problem solving and decision making skills. Time management and ability to meet deadlines imperative.
- · Understanding of advocacy, Provincial and Federal income supports programs and tenancy an asset
- · An awareness and understanding of poverty and homelessness related issues
- · Must be willing to work the occasional weekend or evening
- · Must have valid BC driver’s license and own vehicle to use for work
- · Criminal Record check required
START DATE: ASAP
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- · Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Employee & Family Assistance plan
- · Pension plan
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: Nov 12, 2018, internal candidates will be contacted by November 13, 2018
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Tatiana Belyaeva, Community assistance Program Manager at email@example.com. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email.