Behaviour Consultant – Permanent, Full Time
December 11, 2018| EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 18-129
Position: Permanent Full Time Behaviour Consultant
Hours: 35 hours/week
We are looking for a behaviour consultant to join our Sources Positive Behaviour Support team! This individual must have exceptional organizational skills, be able to work independently, and strong interpersonal skills.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families throughout the Lower Mainland and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Positive Behaviour Support Services
We contract directly with MCFD and provide in-home behaviour consultation service to families that have children with developmental disabilities.
· Assessment and analysis of behaviour
· Design and implementation of programs specific to the needs of the family
· Hands on training for parents and other supporting individuals
· Monitor effectiveness of implemented programs
· Modify programs when improvement is not observed
· Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in a related area (BCaBA or Psychology)
· Minimum 2 years’ experience working with families
· Minimum 1 year experience providing consultation, training and programming for persons with developmental disabilities
· Experience and knowledge of behaviour analysis, and Functional behaviour assessment, analysis, design, planning and implementation
· Knowledge of Family Centered Positive Behaviour Support an asset
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills; speaking a second language an asset
· Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively as part of a team and demonstrate initiative
· Experience working with other social service professionals (Social Workers, Teachers, Physicians)
· Experience in research, report writing, and development of individual program plans
· Valid BC driver’s license, and own vehicle
· Be willing to travel frequently to family homes throughout the Lower Mainland
Start Date: January 02, 2019
· 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
· Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
· Employee & Family Assistance plan
· Pension plan
· Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: December 31, 2018
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume attention Peggy Yu, Program Manager @ email@example.com. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.