Accounts Payable Coordinator – Permanent, Part Time
JANUARY 14, 2019| INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 19-005
Position: Accounts Payable Coordinator – Permanent Full Time
Location: Morgan Creek Operations Centre – South Surrey
Hours: 35 hours/week (Mon-Fri)
We are looking for an Accounts Payable Coordinator to join our Sources Finance team. This individual should be a strong positive model by being energetic, creative and resourceful while also possessing strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Finance Team
The Finance Team provides support throughout the organization in all financial areas, such as budgeting, invoicing, monthly financial updates, periodic internal and external financial reporting, and addressing queries from staff. We are a small tightly knit team, with positive attitude and a willingness to pitch in to help the team meet deadlines and deliver results.
The Accounts Payable Coordinator fulfills the accounts payable functions for all programs within Sources. He/She also verifies deposits, cash receipts and assists in other accounting functions as required. This role processes a high volume of transactions and requires accounting knowledge and an ability to effectively communicate internally with staff and externally with vendors.
The major job functions include but are not limited to:
- · Review of invoices for proper authorization
- · Keying in a consistent volume of accounts payable invoices each month, matching of all source documents, ensuring appropriate GL distribution
- · Mid volume expense reimbursements and petty cash reports.
- · Reconcile Supplier Statements
- · Manage and maintain existing and new vendor set ups
- · Inputting payment transactions, running cheques, EFT’s, online payments.
- · Correspondence with office locations, vendors, suppliers.
- · Assist other team members to ensure department deadlines are met
- · Oversee cell phone management and distribution to staff
- · Oversee credit card management, including reconciliations and payment
- · Special projects as requested
- · Currently enrolled in a recognized accounting program and/or at least 3 years previous experience in a related position
- · Intermediate accounting knowledge & practical experience is desired
- · Superior Excel and Outlook skills, and high computer proficiency
- · Experience with Sage ERP Accpac is essential
- · Fast and accurate data entry skills
- · Attention to detail with excellent time management skills
- · Effective organizational skills
- · Self-motivated
- · Strong interpersonal and communication skills dealing with internal departments and external suppliers
- · Ability to work well with a diverse team.
Start Date: ASAP
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- · Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Employee & Family Assistance plan
- · Pension plan
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: Jan 21, 2019, internal candidates will be contacted by Jan 23, 2019
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Janet Weber, CFO.