Cafe Operations Coordinator – Permanent, Full Time
January 15, 2019| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 19-007
Position: Connection Café & Catering Operations Coordinator
Location South Surrey Arts and Recreation Center, Surrey
Hours : Permanent, Full Time 35 hr/wk, flexible schedule includes occasional weekends
We are looking for a Café Coordinator, to assume the daily operational responsibilities of the café. A leader who will create an environment that is welcoming to customers and develop a self-sustaining café that provides a varied and healthy menu together with consistent, professional and friendly service.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
About the Sources Connections Café
We are proud to be a Social Enterprise. Our mission is to maximize the café’s profits and to direct that revenue to unfunded local social programs, offered through Sources. We enjoy a fun and rewarding work environment that enables us to make a difference in someone’s day – every day.
The Café Coordinator is responsible for the daily operations of the Café including the recruitment and supervision of the Café personnel. Must be a team player that provides hands on leadership to a customer service driven team. We are looking for a confident, flexible person who can work in an independent manner and has a positive approach to their work.
- · Recruit, develop and train a motivated high performing collaborative team
- · Develop and maintain good customer and partner relationships
- · Support implementation of revenue generating initiatives including catering
- · Maintenance and service of site and equipment. This job is physically demanding.
- · Inventory management and weekly reviews of costs results and variances
- · Complete all order/purchase procedures as per policy
- · Maintain specific control systems in order to meet or exceed food margins
- · Understand relevant Health & Safety legislation and Food Safe guidelines
- · To ensure all staff work hygienically and productively
- · Ensure a safe workplace by identifying and reporting hazards and taking corrective action
- · Three years’ experience working in a related field
- · Ability to take initiative, identify urgent work items and set priorities
- · Excellent organizational and time management skills
- · Strong interpersonal skills
- · Ability to coach and train using empathetic listening skills and patience
- · Strong verbal and written communication skills
- · Ability to work collaboratively with seniors and youth
- · Knowledge of community resources
- · Must be discreet and able to manage confidential information
- · Valid driver’s license
- · Criminal Record check required
Start Date: ASAP
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- · Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Employee & Family Assistance plan
- · Pension plan
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: Feb. 4, 2019, internal candidates will be contacted by Feb. 5, 2019
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Denise Darrell, Executive Director of Community Services at email@example.com.